When Ryan's alarm went off this morning, I felt like I hadn't gotten any sleep. I was supposed to get up and take him to work, so that I could have the car. Lilly's diaper rash/yeast infection had me worried, so I decided to go up to Syracuse to visit Ryan's mom at the clinic she works at. Having no insurance and having to pay cash, we needed some strings pulled. So, thanks, Jan, you made this experience a lot less painful on our wallet. And it was AWESOME to finally get to meet all of your coworkers. Shout out to the blog stalkers!!
Anyway, we were both so exhausted, but managed to somehow get out the door. Lilly fell asleep for most of the drive up to Syracuse, and popped open her eyes the second I parked. I was concerned that she had developed a UTI, since she screams every time she pees. That, or the fact that the rash burns. I wasn't going to risk ignoring it, though. Obviously you can't ask a baby to pee in a cup, so the doctor gave me the option of putting a bag on her and waiting for her to pee, or just cathing her. I played terrible mom and opted for cathing, since I didn't know how long it would take for her to pee. She hated the experience, and I felt like crying with her, since I know how bad it hurts to get cathed. The funny part was that when the doctor was doing it, I started to sing the Elmo song. It went something like this "la la la la, la la la la...." and then the doctor chimed in and sang with me "Elmo's World!" Yep, the doctor knew the song and sang it with me! I gave her a few Teddy Grahams and her world was right again. The doctor acknowledged that the rash was bad, but that she didn't have a UTI, thank goodness. He gave me some heavy duty diaper rash cream, so we'll see how that goes.
I had to race back down to Salt Lake after that, because my mom asked me to watch Lilly's cousin, Paisley. My mom babysits her Mondays and Tuesdays, but she was feeling icky, so I offered to watch the baby. I picked up Paisley and decided that since I was so close to Harmon's and Walmart, I may as well grab the few things on my shopping list. It actually wasn't that hard taking two babies shopping. I put Paisley's car seat in the main part of the basket, and Lilly sat up top. I about died laughing when Lilly immediately turned around and started reaching for Paisley. Paisley started reaching back and they held hands for most of the trip in Harmon's. Paisley fell asleep on the way home and slept for most of her stay. The hardest part about having the two kids was getting them inside. I had to carry Lilly in my arms and Paisley in her car seat, all the while debating whether or not to attempt also carrying the two diaper bags and two bags of groceries. I opted for safety and dropped the kiddos in the apartment and then went back for the other stuff.
After Paisley got up, I fed her and then let her lay on the floor to play with Lilly. I'm still trying to teach Lilly that poking eyes and hitting (yes, she hits and it drives me nuts) are bad things. I ran into the kitchen to clean out a bottle, and came back into the living to find that Lilly had plopped down right next to Paisley and was sharing her Tupperware. I watched for a bit as Lilly patted her tummy and attempted to, what appeared to be, picking her up. Paisley went home around 3, but by that point, I was far too tired to clean up my house before running off to pick up Ryan from work. Seriously, I probably shouldn't have even been driving with how tired I was. I changed into my sweat pants and hoody and ran out the door to get Ryan. Again, Lilly fell asleep. I love getting to actually see her while driving.
Anyway, we are so NOT staying up past midnight tonight. Sleep has never sounded so good.
![]() |
| Waiting for the doctor... |
![]() |
| Waiting for daddy to come out to the car |
![]() |
| The best part is that I didn't even put Lilly like that. She walked over by herself and sat down as close as she could to Paisley. |
Lilly loved the doctor's rolly chair.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment