April 21, 2013

Party Pooper

Yesterday was a very long day for us, but Lilly did so well. We started with breakfast. I made eggs and sausage for everyone. I started by feeding it to Lilly, but when she started to get bored, I just sprinkled it on her tray. She proved that she is indeed Ryan's daughter, when she picked out all of the sausage and left the eggs. Ha!

Once we put her down for a nap, I ran off to take a nap of my own. We had stayed up well past midnight, and I was exhausted. Well, my amazing nap was interrupted with Ryan's gentle touch and him saying "Natalie...we have a bit of a problem with nakie time!" While I was napping, he decided to put Lilly in the pack'n'play for nakie time, to help with her rash. He looked up to see her looking down, poking at something. She decided to poop all over herself, her sippy cup, and all of the plastic balls that we in with her. Not only that, she smeared it all over every part of her body. I cleaned her off with wipes the best I could, then while Ryan gave her a bath, I worked on cleaning the plastic balls. Lots of bleach and soap! We now refer to this event as "Poop-a-geddon." 

I got the little goober dressed so that we could go out to run errands. I put shoes on her, because I figured we were going to let her wander at some point, and I wanted to get her used to wearing them, but the second I put them on her, she had a meltdown. She wouldn't even move her feet. Ha! I never thought getting her to wear shoes would be my biggest battle.

 Lilly got to ride in her big girl car seat for the first time. She LOVED it. While daddy was putting it in the car, I was bringing out bags of random stuff to put in the car. I didn't have time to stop and eat lunch, so I grabbed my salad leftovers from the night before, and figured I'd eat them in the car. Once everything was loaded and we were on our way, I went searching for my salad....I couldn't find it. Just then, it occurred to me that the last thing I remember doing with it was putting it on the roof of the car so that I could have a free hand. Yep, that's right, I pulled the cliche leave-something-on-the-roof-of-the-car-and-drive-off stunt. Oh man, I'm such a blonde!!

We ran to Walmart and Joann's. Lilly got to use her shopping cart cover for the first time. Despite putting it on completely wrong (didn't read the instructions before taking it out of the packaging), she thought it was pretty fun. At Joann's, Ryan and I were super excited to browse their picture frames. They were having a killer 60% off sale, and we needed some frames for our bead art. I found the perfect shadow boxes for the ones I did of our faces. While we waited in line to check out, I started to play Patty Cake with Lilly. I don't ever do it with her, only my mom does, so when I started to do the motions wrong, Lilly grabbed my hands and started to clap them together for me. I couldn't believe how amazingly smart that was. 

Once we were finally done with errands, we went to my mom's house. I didn't post about it (because I'm a terrible sister), but Wednesday was Jack's birthday. My mom threw sort of an "everybody" birthday party yesterday. She hit up Zurchers' clearance section for decorations, and since Nemo was apparently worth clearancing, she bought it all. I especially loved the Nemo snowglobes and bubbles at everyone's spot at the table. Lilly loved getting to show off that she's walking. Snickers made it kind of hard for her to stay standing, when all she wanted to do was run up and lick her face. We let her go outside and walk around on the deck. It was a tad bit chilly, so my mom grabbed an old kid's t-shirt that she had. It was the cutest thing! It was way too big, but it kept her warm. 

Uncle Jack and cousin Karder took turns going down the slide with her. I thought she'd be scared to be up so high (the slides at my mom's house are WAY long), but she had the biggest smile on her face the whole time. Karder kept yelling out "give me the baby!!"...Once dinner was ready, and the kids were all properly tired out, we headed in to eat. I only ate 3 bites of my burger and a few spoonfuls of beans. Then I just sat and fed Lilly some beans. At one point, I noticed that she was starting to get tired and wouldn't even open her mouth to eat. She fell alseep right there at the dinner table. It was the funniest thing ever. Oh, and because I know you're all dying to know, on the way home, I was on the hunt for my salad. I expected to see it laying in the road somewhere...didn't find it. Now I'm confused!

These are the cutest flats, but she hates them!!





Ryan's solution to getting her from the car to the store without freezing to death...no matter how silly he looks


She has now learned that she can feed the dog 

See those marks on her arm? Bella the cat (where I babysit), bit her. Bella the cat got in LOTS of trouble for that one.


Walking around in her too-big, "Don't feed the animals" Yellowstone shirt....I broke the rule and fed the animal anyway :P

About to fall to her death, but happy nonetheless


Grandma got some rare snuggles

"Do I look as stupid as I feel?"


No comments:

Post a Comment