She didn't take any naps on Wednesday (as is the norm when babysitting), so when we got her home last night, she was SO tired. She slept from 7-8:30. I got up earlier than her! She took a really long morning nap, tricking me into thinking that an afternoon nap wouldn't happen. After lunch, I noticed her starting to rub her eyes (my sure sign that she is going to take a nap). Being tired was making her super cuddly. We recently cancelled our TV service and switched to Apple TV with Netflix. I tried out the radio feature on it, turned on a really great classical music channel, and tried to get her to take a nap with me on the couch. Mostly she just laid there, fighting her heavy eyes, so eventually I just took her to her crib, and was pleasantly surprised when she knocked right out. Side note, Aunt Paula, she ADORES that windup giraffe that you got her. It guarantees she'll sleep.
While she slept, I cleaned up the house, scrubbed tubs and sinks, watched some old TV shows from my childhood (I LOVE Netflix!!), and then started on dinner for Ryan. I made him Star Wars Navajo tacos. Erin got him a Star Wars cookbook and cookie cutters for his birthday last year, and I had yet to use the cutters. So Ryan enjoyed Darth Vador, Yoda, and R2-D2 fried morsels. I, on the other hand, had salad. Once Lilly was tucked in for the night, I continued on my very productive tangent, and worked out. I had a miraculous moment of actually enjoying working out, to the point of debating whether or not to keep adding 5 minutes to my time. I settled on 30 minutes. Suffice it to say, I'm a very happy, relaxed woman at the moment.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment