Fridays are my babysitting days. Babysitting has started to become really hard...all thanks to my child. The house has an open floor plan, making it really hard to keep her in one place. Either she wants to try to get into the bathroom to eat the cat food, eat magnets off the fridge, attempt to open the cabinets to throw out glass objects, eat food off the floor from under the barstools, climb up the stairs, or chase the cat (who usually bites her if she tries to touch). It's frustratingly hard sometimes. Not only that, she usually doesn't nap when I babysit, because she doesn't know where she is and the other kids are sorta loud.
BUT, yesterday was an anomaly. She took a 2 hour morning nap and a 3 hour afternoon nap. After everyone's naps, I took all the kids outside for our daily session at the park. I pushed all three kids on the swings for a good 30 minutes. They love to swing! Once I started to get tired of that, I proposed letting Adele pick what we would do next. She said "let's go see the geese!" I had no idea what she meant. I just told her to lead the way. Turns out, it involved a bit of a walk down the block. We came up on an open backyard that had geese, ducks, and chickens. While we watched the chickens dig holes (chickens dig holes?), we started naming all of them. Adele came up with some pretty silly names, but I can't remember any of them. Then I laughed as she started calling the geese over..."here, geesy, geesy...here, geesy, geesy."
By that point, it was almost time for me to leave. The day had flown by, thanks to Lilly's napping. Once home, I made dinner for Ryan and I, bathed Lilly, cleaned up the house, and ran off to workout. Ryan challenged me to do 30 minutes on the elliptical. That's usually way under my [old] norm, so I just brushed it off and decided to do 20 minutes. Well, once I got going, I kept going and going. I ended up doing 32 minutes! Ha! Take that, Ryan! Followed by abs and arms. Seriously, there's nothing better than a cold shower after a hard workout, getting into bed with my tablet, and watching my shows with Ryan, knowing that the hard work for the day is over.
Let me explain these pictures and why they contributed to my fantastic Friday...



No comments:
Post a Comment