March 20, 2013

A Little Bit of This. A Little Bit of That

I felt a little like supermom the past few days. Monday night, I turned to Ryan before going to bed, and told him that I had every intention of completely cleaning the house the next day, and that he better hold me to it. He didn't need to nag me at all, because I woke up and got right to work. Before the day was out, everyone's sheets and clothes were clean, kitty litter done, house vacuumed, etc, etc...you're used to the drill. Oh, and I even managed to squeeze in a nap! Ryan let me take a nap around 5, put Lilly to bed by himself, and woke me up at 8. Can you say AMAZING husband?! And naps are so much better on newly-cleaned sheets!

Today, I got a little bit of tidying done before heading off to babysit. I had a bit of an anomaly, when not a single one of the kids (Lilly included) would take a nap. So it was a day of "I'm hungry," "WATCH ME!," I want to watch Spiderman!," and "I wanna play outside!" If you were to tally the number of times I heard "WATCH ME" today, I think you may go as crazy as I did from actually having to hear it. Ben got a new Nerf gun, and insisted that I help him cock it and watch him shoot it every 3 seconds. I only got him to put it down to go outside. The two kids played hide and seek, while I pushed Lilly in the swing. She was just chillin' the whole time. No naps had her pretty out of it. 

It was pretty warm outside today, despite it being very overcast. Once I could feel small drops falling, I moved everyone inside, fed them AGAIN, and started picking up. Now that I'm at my house, I've since picked up my own messes, made two different dinners (French bread pizza to feed Ryan throughout the week, and meatloaf for tonight's dinner), done dishes, and moved laundry over. I think sitting down to blog is the only time I've actually gotten to sit in quiet today. As busy as I was, I love getting to the end of days like today. I took care of all my kiddos, felt like a good mommy and wife, and I'm ready to have the day "off" tomorrow to clean some more! 

This picture was from the other day. There's a private park literally ON the front lawn of the house that I babysit at. I usually just open the front door so that I can see the kids playing (as instructed by their mother....who was home at the time, since she just had surgery). Even Bella the kitty gets to go out and play. Lilly, however, isn't allowed, so we set up a baby gate, using bar stools. Worked perfectly!

From the same day...A neighbor brought over their Mastiff puppy, and I couldn't resist putting Lilly in the grass to let her play with it.

From today. She had a blast at first, and then she just zoned out...the last picture is of her twiddling her thumbs.

Bella was having a grand old time, rolling around in the grass

No comments:

Post a Comment