I got maybe an hour of semi-comfortable-warm sleep before Lilly was up for the day. At that point, I texted Ryan to tell him that there was no way I could take care of her today. If I were to try to describe the pain I was feeling, I would say that my head felt like someone beat me up in my sleep, making it impossible to open my eyes more than a squint, making it impossible to focus or read. Pure misery. I was still freezing, running to the bathroom every 5 minutes, not keeping anything down, and praying for death.
Being the amazing husband that he is, Ryan decided to work from home so that he could take care of me and watch over Lilly. Seriously, I can't even put into words how blessed I feel to have a husband like Ryan. He's been amazing. He didn't complain about Lilly being too much or too needy, he made sure I was drinking, and kept bringing me soup. I didn't want to even leave the bedroom (apart from the fact that I really can't because of how painful it is to move), because I don't want to be one of those inconsiderate people that goes wandering around the house, touching everything, getting everyone else sick. Ryan kept a bottle of hand sanitizer glued to him. What's annoying is that when I'm sick, I get super clingy and cuddly. I just want Ryan to get into bed with me and snuggle me. But he can't. Dangit.
As it is, I'm thinking I have one of two things. The first being the flu. WebMD seems to think I have the flu, but after sleeping all day, I woke up this evening with extreme, excruciating pain in my abdomen, where my gallbladder would be. Part of me is scared that I may have a complication with surgery. I'll be calling my doctor tomorrow. My fever is holding at 100.4 degrees, my body aches more than I can stand, if I could live without a head, I would, the bathroom is both my best friend and worst enemy, and beef broth never tasted so good. I'm scared about tomorrow. I honestly don't know how to take care of Lilly when I feel like fainting every time I stand.
Here's to hoping a miracle is worked while I sleep. I seriously hate being sick.

No comments:
Post a Comment