The only thing I hate about wandering the mall, is that it implies no buying. It's hard for me to really enjoy it when I know that's the case. We did end up buying us both a pair of shoes. I have been wearing the same slipper shoes every Winter for about 4 years now. And all of my other shoes (mostly flats) are so old, they're falling apart. Ryan needed new church shoes, as he's STILL wearing his nice mission shoes (8 years old!!).
Our date night was quick, but it was nice to finally go somewhere other than my house or the house that I babysit at. Once we got home, the real fun stuff happened. And by "fun" I really mean "SUPER ANNOYING AND STRESSFUL!" It's a long story, so I'll try to be brief. Here goes...
Our car is one of those cars that won't let you lock your keys inside. If you push the lock button and they're still in the car, it beeps. That happened when we were at the mall, because I left my keys in my coat pocket, which I also left in the car. So I grabbed them out so that Ryan could lock the car. When we got home, I asked Ryan to drop me off by the mail box so that I could get the mail. We only have one key to our mailbox, and it's been put on my keyring. It was just then that I realized I couldn't find my keys. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't remember where I put them exactly when I took them out of my coat pocket. In my mind, I would have liked to assume that I just put them in the diaper bag. After looking like an idiot, searching for my keys by the mailbox, I decided to give up and look for them inside, where I could properly dump out the diaper bag.
After spewing its contents all over my kitchen counter, with no luck, I started to panic. Replacing the key fob for the car would cost $200 just by itself. Then we'd have to have the post office replace the locks on our mailbox, since I had the only mail key. I decided to check the car one more time. I asked Ryan for his keys, to which he responded "they're in my pocket, because I don't put my keys where they can get lost." Yeah, real funny, babe. I didn't bother looking at them when he gave them to me, because we were getting Lilly ready for bed, and we were in her dark room.
Sadly, they weren't in the car. I said a silent prayer as I walked back to the house. When I got inside, I glanced over to the entryway table and noticed Ryan's keys sitting there. It REALLY confused me, because I had Ryan's keys. Just then it occurred to me. If his keys were on the table, then that meant my keys were the ones I was using. Which means that RYAN had the keys all along. He laughed when I showed him, so I walked over to him, made him think I was going to kiss him, and then lightly, yet lovingly, slapped him on the face. But in the end, there's nothing like the feeling of relief when you find something you thought was lost. Phew. That totally would have ruined my night.
![]() |
| My new flats! I'm a sucker for a cute pair of flats. I probably won't wear them too much for now. I don't want to ruin them with the snow. |



No comments:
Post a Comment