When I set out dating again, it was a deal-breaker if any man I met wasn't temple-worthy. When I met Ryan and found out that he was a cat lover, SUPER cute, AND temple worthy, well, let's just say I knew right then that he was the one for me. The best gift Ryan ever gave me was taking me through the temple, to be his. Oh, and his last name.
I chose the Salt Lake temple to receive my endowments, because, as a convert, the Salt Lake temple was my image of the church. Obviously it is a gorgeous building, but it held so much more meaning to me than just looks. Every pamphlet I read contained a big, beautiful picture of THIS temple. That was the temple I wanted to be married in. My mom always tells the story of us as kids, and how we thought the temple was a castle. That was my castle, I was the princess, and Ryan was my prince.
That day was not, however, the best of days for me. In fact, it brings up a lot of painful memories. About two hours before I was supposed to be at the temple, my mom called me to tell me that she couldn't be my escort because she had spent the day in the ER. I'll admit, I bawled, in front of all of Ryan's family, no less. It was so incredibly painful that my mother couldn't be by my side during, what to me, was one of the most important days of my life. Ryan's mother got to be my escort instead. That's a special bond that I will forever cherish. I only wish my mom could have been there, too.
Anyway, I can't believe it's already been two years. I've come so far, and I have so far to go yet.


No comments:
Post a Comment