January 24, 2013

Baby Proofing

Today marked day one of baby proofing our house. We don't need baby gates yet, thank goodness. Since Lilly can now stand up in her crib, she, like ALL babies, likes to chew on the side. My dad bought this crib for us, and I'd like it to last a long time, so I don't want little baby teeth marks all over it. Our first baby proofing item was a crib railing cover. It's slightly padded so that if she falls, it will soften the blow a little. It also has Velcro straps to dangle toys. Why, I don't know, but Lilly seemed more willing to be left in her crib when she had something to entertain her. Granted, she did show me how smart she is. She got sick of reaching for the toys over the side, so she sat down, pulled the bumper down, and grabbed them between the rails. My daughter is too clever!

From this....

To this... She looks bored now that there isn't anything to scrape her teeth against.


Sneaky, sneaky! 
Oh, and this random event happened today. I went walking by Lilly's room and saw Willow sleeping on her changing pad.


No comments:

Post a Comment