January 23, 2013

Aunt Nanny

When I told Ryan's sister, Erin, that I was pregnant, she immediately told me that Lilly is not allowed to call her "Auntie." I think it was something about making her feel old. Erin, you've made buying onsies very hard! Every time I see one that says "I love my auntie!" I shy away. Ha! Well, the tables have been turned! Yesterday at approximately 6:50 PM, I became an aunt(ie). Erin and Drew welcomed an adorable baby boy, Joel. His stats are almost identical to Lilly's, but I don't remember Lilly being anywhere near that little. Oh, and at less than 24 hours old, he has more hair than Lilly. The best part about him is that he's a squeaker. He makes the cutest coos and squeaks when he sleeps. Easton did that, and I loved it. Lilly never did it. I think someone has a new nickname!! Anyway, I'm super excited to be an aunt. I just hope Erin lets me babysit a ton, because I'm really looking forward to spoiling this cute boy. Joel, you may call me anything you want: "Nanny," "Nadawee," or "Hey you!" I'll answer to all of them.

This cute boy made  me super baby hungry. I didn't think that was ever going to happen!


Joel is about the size of Lilly's Dolly, so we were afraid to let her near him, since she really likes to poke Dolly's eyes and chew on her.

I HAD to unwrap him. He was SO little and curled up all cute. I even got to have him sleep on my chest. I've missed being able to do that with Lilly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment