January 21, 2013

I'm In Love, I'm In Love, And I Don't Care Who Knows It!

NAME THAT MOVIE!!

This post is to "review" my new favorite toy, my pink Dyson DC41 Animal Complete vacuum. Yes, giving the entire name was necessary. I used it last week real quick, but today I got to actually play with all of the nifty attachments that came with it. Here's what I thought:

1) There are so many attachments, I don't even know what half of them do. Ryan assembled the vacuum while I was in the hospital for my surgery, so I didn't know what this black, random case was that I saw in the hallway closet. (I am really quick to notice new items where they don't belong) It actually looks like a laptop bag, so I just set it next to Ryan's desk. Nope, it's a bag full of Dyson parts. I feel so cool when I roll it out, kind of like an archaeologist rolling out their case of brushes and tools. I got to use one of the attachments on the couch today. It sucked up all of the cat hair like magic!


Totally tricked me! 
 2) My favorite thing about this vacuum (other than the fact that it's pink) is that it has a really long cord. With our old vacuum, I'd have to unplug and re-plug for every room, because the cord wouldn't reach. I was delightfully surprised when I was able to plug it in, in the kitchen and have it reach the entire house.

3) I wanted this vacuum in-particular for one reason (again, not JUST because it was pink. Ryan asked if the purple one would be okay, and of course I said no) I wanted it because it claims to get up all pet hair and allergens. Having 3 cats, one of which leaves huge hair clumps EVERYWHERE, made this feature a must. Like I said above, I used it on the couch, and instantly the cat hair was gone. I wish I have more surfaces to vacuum!! I'm excited for the next time I clean all of our bedding. They say vacuuming your mattress gets rid of bed bugs. (Not that we have any) I'm just excited to pretend I'm destroying a tiny civilization...

4) Okay,  now the first thing I DON'T like about this vacuum. With the old vacuum, I could get it to go under the couch, the TV stand, and the dressers. This one has a big, clunky piece right on the head of the vacuum, leaving no room for it to fit under anything. It's not like it really matters. I mean, who's really looking under my TV stand and dresser? It just bothers the OCD type like myself. Ha!

5) And something I thought was disappointing, not something I hate, just something that surprised me, really. After watching all of the commercials about this vacuum, I imagined getting this super quiet, super light, pink goddess. Nope. It's actually a lot heavier than I thought it would be. In fact, I think it's heavier than the last vacuum. Maybe it's just me being weak in my post-surgery state. It is a tad bit quieter than the old one, though.

Anyway, I LOVE this pink cleaning machine! I wish we had more house to vacuum!



The hose/handle attachment is so nifty! I still don't know all of the cool things it can do. 
I almost forgot the random picture of Lilly. Sorry, mom! This was her, wrapped up like a lady bug after her bath. Such a happy lady bug!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment