Lots of tender mercies today. The first was that I got up and immediately called Lilly's pediatrician, crossing my fingers that they were open on New Year's Eve. They were! And not only that, I got the last appointment of the day. Woo! Her cough was much worse this morning; very mucousy and hoarse. It had me worried that she did have Croup. Ryan took the day off because he's sick too. Despite how crappy I feel, I think I'm the most healthy in our family right now. Anyway, the doctor said that she looks fine right now. She does have something viral, but not Croup....yet. We have been instructed to keep an eye out, because the little boy I babysit was diagnosed today with Croup AND Stridor. NOT good. Other than that, we're ringing in the new year, new parent style. As a new mom, I no longer enjoy the little things in life. Things like Daylight Savings, staying up 'til midnight for New Year's, and going to midnight movie showings. Oh well, the trade off is MUCH better. :D
Here are a few funny things that happened today:
The day has FINALLY come! Lilly can feed herself! We just put her on the floor, give her a bottle, and she quietly drinks it. Ahh, I've just added so much more time back into my day!
Lilly-bug didn't want to take her nap today. She just got up on her hands and knees and talked to the camera. I swear, it's like she knew we were watching her. It was hilarious.
When she did finally get up from her nap, this is what we found on her face...a handprint! Ha!
She thought it was Christmas all over again, with how much fun paper there was.
She loves to ride on daddy's knee. These are the things we do at the doctor's office, to try and keep our sick baby happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment