December 28, 2012

Humpty Dumpty Had A Great Fall

I am Humpty Dumpty and I did indeed have a great fall. My Friday was going splendidly up until this point. I babysat again today. I did finally get to see the demon side that I was warned about. Ben didn't want to take his nap today and bribing with a treat didn't work. But I did get him to nap for about 4 hours, and we all survived! Lilly gave me a run for my money, though. Literally. I couldn't keep up with this girl today. It's like she flipped a switch and can now crawl, flip flop back and forth from front to back, roll around on the floor, and pull herself up on EVERYTHING. And by "everything," I do mean other people's hair and cats. Luckily this family has the sweetest, most cuddly cat I've ever met. I warned them that if their cat went missing, I probably took her.

Anyway, 5 o'clock came by super fast and as we were leaving their house, getting excited that it was Friday, I slipped on a patch of ice on the steps and fell all the way down...slamming my head, my shoulder, and my butt, HARD! Like WAY hard. It knocked the breathe out of me, I think I may have blacked out for a second, and my butt has a grapefruit-sized bruise on it. And possibly my tailbone is bruised. Ryan came running to my side as I laid in the snow, but I just waved him away and told him to put Lilly in the car. When we got home, he took care of me and made me get right into bed. He made me dinner (and a messy kitchen that I enjoyed cleaning up), but I couldn't stay in bed too long, because I still had to finish the party favors for Erin's baby shower. My tushy hurts so bad, but I'm pushing through it. 

Since I can't show you a picture of my bruised butt, I took a picture of my runny mascara after crying. Ouchy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment