I think I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that I only work Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. So today was technically my "day off." I was actually excited to get back to my own routine. While babysitting on Wednesday, I realized that I missed having my own house to tinker in all day. It started to bother me so much, I ended up cleaning Emma's kitchen and doing their dishes. So when I woke up and realized I had MY chores to do, I can honestly say I was pretty excited, stupidly enough.
My plan was to take down Christmas. Ryan can't stand Christmas decorations being left up or Christmas music being played for too long (I already upset him by putting everything up a couple weeks early, so I figured getting it down sooner rather than later would make up for it :P) We also disassembled Lilly's baby swing, so now our living room has so much more space. I told Ryan how we now have room for a big, L-shaped couch. Haha, followed by "just kidding!" Other than that, the only other thing I accomplished was hanging the bowed shower curtain rod in our bathroom. I say "I," when really I mean "Ryan." There's no better way to get a man to do a project that you've been nagging him about, than gathering all the tools and pretending you're going to go off and do it yourself. He jumped right in to make sure I didn't pound down a wall. I wasn't able to accomplish much else because Lilly hasn't been feeling good, and I just wanted to spend time with her. It's funny, because I sit her on the floor in the living room, and no matter where I put her, she always ends up with her feet under the TV stand, trying to pull herself up. She just scoots her cute, little bum over. She's starting to pull up on everything. Not long before I'm having to put up baby gates!
Ryan got home from work early today. Lilly was napping and I had to run to Walmart, so I left Ryan on babysitting duty. I lucked-out at every turn while at Walmart. Of course, everyone on the planet was there, but when I pulled up, I got a front parking spot. I scored big time on all of the clearance Christmas wrapping paper. And when I went to checkout, each lane had a LONG line of about 15 people, backing up into the aisles. I hopped in one of them, only to have a cashier walk over and flick on the light to her empty register. Yep, I made a mad dash for it! Ahh, I like Walmart trips like that. When I got home, I started my evening of Rice Krispie treat making. I had a pretty nifty idea for some patry favors for my sister-in-law's baby shower on Saturday. I'll share on Saturday what I did.
 |
| Two for one! Lilly loves the jingly ball on the kitty hut. I guess we can start buying toys for the baby and the kitties to share :P |
 |
| Oh yeah, I did set up my birthday present from Ryan's brother, Colton. Thanks, Colton! I can't eat cupcakes anymore, but it's holding Lilly's baby food like a champ! |
 |
| It looks so much better without all the Christmas stuff on it |
 |
| Lilly's baby cage got moved into the kitchen so that I could cook without her freaking out that she couldn't see me. |
 |
| Hey, mom, we finally used the new drill! I LOVE it! |
 |
| You can't really tell the difference from this angle, but it pulled the bar out about 7 inches. Now I won't rub up against the shower curtain while I shower. |
No comments:
Post a Comment