Haha, sorry, I just had to name the post a silly name. Gotta love the immature poo jokes that come when referring to Winnie the Pooh....
Shortly after I had Lilly, I received a call that I'd been dying to get. Ryan's sister Erin was pregnant! You have no idea how badly we all wanted it for her, after she had struggles with infertility. Finally I could put my Pinterest ideas to use! Baby Boy Madsen will be born in late January. Jan and I had the pleasure of throwing a baby shower for Erin today. She talked about decorating the nursery in vintage Winnie the Pooh, so I wanted to stick to that theme for the shower. I started with the invites. Gotta say, I love them! Then I had to think of a cute party favor. One evening while driving the long drive from Ryan's parent's house, I had an idea come to me. I'm proud to admit that it's completely original, no Pinterest stealing for this idea.I made Winnie the Pooh Rice Krispie treats, wrapped them in cellophane bags, stuck them on a lollipop stick, then into a flower pot that I painted to look like a pot of honey. It took a lot of work, but I think I pulled it off. It was SO hard not to eat all of the Rice Krispie treats while I made them.
The shower was fun. I had a hard time with the food aspect of it. Everyone was eating such amazing looking desserts. I took all my will to stay glued to the couch. Anyway, Erin, we're so excited to have a nephew!
 |
| Flailing her arms in excitement. I dressed her in a Winnie the Pooh shirt to keep with the theme. |
 |
| GASP!! Jan giving beer to grandpa! (Secretly she's just had this can sitting around for months, since she makes bread with it.) |
 |
| We forgot our camera at Jan & Kevin's, so Erin and Drew brought it home for us. I figured I'd embarrass her a bit and post a picture that she took while on the way to our house. Ha! |
No comments:
Post a Comment