December 6, 2012

Girl's Day Out

Time flies when you're having fun! SO true. The day is already over. Bummer. Ryan got up with Lilly this morning so that I could sleep a little bit later. As I was laying in bed, I heard a strange paper crinkling at the side of the bed, so I opened my eyes....it was Ryan, holding Lilly, who was holding my present. I LOVE it when Ryan wakes me up with Lilly. I let her open up my present. Mostly she just ate the paper and then sucked on the edges of the DVDs. Ryan got me 3 Disney movies that I wanted. 

At around noon, my mom picked Lilly and I up and took us out to lunch. Can you guess where? CHINESE FOOD! I was in heaven. I made the mistake of leaving Lilly unattended with my mother for too long. While I was up getting food, Lilly apparently tried sweet and sour sauce, Diet Pepsi, and pudding. MOM! Don't make me take away your grandma privileges! 

When we got to my mom's house after lunch, she gave me the first part of my present...a nap! Just what I wanted! We have our "old" queen-size bed at my mom's house, so I got to enjoy that fluffy, lovely bed for about an hour. It didn't help that her neighbor was playing his bagpipes the WHOLE time. But hey, I'll take whatever I can get. After my nap, we went over to Color Me Mine for the second part of my birthday present. I really wanted to attempt painting a damask pattern onto a platter. I also wanted to make another decorative plate for the shelf in the kitchen, since the one we have there right now is lonely. That's where Lilly came in. We put her to sleep with a bottle and then tortured her by painting her hands and feet to stamp onto the plate. She did very well. We were there for 4 hours, and she just sat and played the whole time, eaves dropped, and had another random giggle fit. I was beyond happy with how my platter turned out. I seriously can't wait to get it back! 

My birthday was so amazing. Except for the fact that I've seen Ryan all of about an hour today because of school. We will get to celebrate more officially tomorrow. I was happy to have a girl's day with my mom and Lilly. My two favorite gals! Thanks, mom! You always know how to make my birthdays memorable. I love you!
(WARNING, LOTS-O-PICTURES!)



ERMERGERSH! TER STERY! 


I'll just watch my new movies and eat my candy now. 

She loves playing with the decorative pillow. SO stinkin' cute in her cow jammies!


Good thing I anticipated this and cleaned the table first. 


I can't even describe how much I love this girl

Took me forever to free-hand. My mom kept trying to convince me just to do a portion of the plate. Ye of little faith!





"What are you doing?!"

Notice how my hair is sticking out everywhere. I had to hold Lilly for a bit while my mom painted, and she took it upon herself to pull my hair out of its braid. 

Woo!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment