December 4, 2012

Crack Me Up

I'm somehow still alive, despite feeling like I'm dead from how tired I am. I think it might have something to do with all the Mountain Dew I drank today. The extra caffeine must have planted the strange urge to clean, because that's all I did all day. It started in the kitchen, where I scrubbed down everything. I even got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the scum out from under the fridge and oven. Then it moved to the bathrooms, where I cleaned sinks, toilets, and tubs. Again, I got down and scrubbed the black, gross, dusty stuff that collects around the corners and behind the toilet. It was gross, but now my tile looks purdy. My mommy would be so proud! 

After Lilly's lunch, she took a two hour nap in her crib. She's getting really good and knowing that crib means nap. After her nap, I set up a little spot for her in the living room while I finished something on the computer in the office. I was sitting there, when all of the sudden I heard a few things all at once. First, I heard the cats hissing. I knew they were sitting in their bed by the window, cleaning each other, which usually leads to fighting. Second, I heard what, at first, I thought was crying. Then I realized it was Lilly giggling. I ran to peek around the corner, so I wouldn't distract her from whatever she thought was so funny. I found her watching the fighting kitties. She was laughing hysterically. I did two things: called my mom and said "listen! listen!" and pulled out the video camera. It was SOOOO funny. She's been giggly all day. I had green beans spewed on me several times during her dinner, because I was making her laugh. I seriously love days like today. 

She loves it when daddy walks with her around the house. This has to be one of the cutest things that Ryan does with her. It makes me so happy to see. 

1 comment:

  1. I've never commented before, but I just had to say I love your blog! We adopted a little boy eight months ago, and his birthmomma is also named Natalie! Anyway, I just had to say that your little girl is simply adorable. Those cute, cute chubby cheeks are precious as can be!

    ReplyDelete