We left bright and early Thursday morning. Jack slept over at our house, so we are all able to drive together. Lilly had already been handed off to Kevin and Jan. My mom drove us to the airport and watched over our car while we were gone. First we flew into Dallas. I slept most of the way, so the flight was quick. Then we flew into Chicago...also slept. I forgot to mention that I woke up at 4 that morning and couldn't sleep, so I got up early to shower before everyone else...Even after we landed, the travelling was not over. We still had a 2 1/2 hour drive to South Bend. A drive that turned into almost 4 hours because we left during Chicago rush our. YIKES! It took us almost 2 hours to get from the airport to downtown Chicago (that's like 10 miles) We made it fun. We stopped at a McDonalds that was conveniently placed right smack dab in the middle of the freeway, surrounded by both lanes of traffic. That was a first. Oh, and what's up with all of the toll roads? Sheesh! It cost a good $15 just to get out of the city.
Once in South Bend, my dad took us to a pizza place called "Bruno's." We devoured a huge pizza, since we were starving from a day of travels. After a quick sneak peak at campus in the dark, we drove another 30 minutes to the hotel. I was getting really cranky from how much driving and travelling we were doing, and it just felt like we couldn't have picked a hotel any further from campus. But we got there eventually and I found a bed, so I was good.
![]() |
| Oh, I plan to |
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment