I'm so relieved that today is over. It's starting to feel like fate wants me to be responsible for the death of my cats...or at the very least, be the reason they fear all humans.
We got up early this morning so that I could drop Ryan off at work, take the car, and take Willow to the vet to get her cast off. The morning went fairly smoothly up until I went to leave for the vet. I decided to run a bag of garbage out to the dumpster before I left, and as I slammed the front door, I heard a heart-wrenching, jaw-dropping, terrifying scream. I stood there for a second, shocked, wondering what the noise was. Then it hit me!! JUNIE!! She likes to stand behind the door, in the corner, looking out the crack of the door, and I must have slammed her paw in the door. I have never in my life heard such a blood-curdling sound before. Yes, apparently cats scream. Once I realized what the noise was, I dropped the bag of garbage on the porch, and ran back inside to save June. She ran off and hid under the bed, like all animals do. By the way, that coping mechanism is so frustrating when you just want to figure out what's wrong...I was able to coax her out with treats, look over the paw, and determine that I wouldn't have to pack her up for the vet too. Gosh! These dang cats are like magnets to injury.
Willow was happy to get her cast off. She still walks around with her arm outstretched, stiff. It's pretty funny. If she doesn't stop licking it, she's going to go back to the vet for a "cone of shame." I'm kinda hoping that's the case, cuz oh boy, I have some funny things I want to draw on a kitty cone. :P I'm a terrible mother!!
 |
| I read this last night on Pinterest and laughed...little did I know, I'd be living it the next morning. It's SO true!! |
 |
| Willie, can mommy draw on your cone? |
 |
| All better! |
This evening, I made the baby hand-off with Kevin, as he and Jan are going to be watching Lilly until Sunday, while we're in South Bend, IN. I was able to squeeze in one more cuddle-filled nap with her before giving her up. I miss her like crazy already!! I didn't have much time to say goodbye, because I had to run out to grab Ryan from work. I was able to talk him into going to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. He grudgingly accepted my offer. It was delicious! I plan on filling my night with cleaning and trying to get used to not having a baby to look after. :D
 |
| We matched and we didn't even mean to!! By the way, the shirt that Ryan has on is the one that started the whole PurpleGate fiasco. |
 |
| Pouting because the waitress didn't give me a straw. I can't drink soda without a straw. |
No comments:
Post a Comment