(Yesterday's post)
I already wrote and deleted a post today. Congrats to all of you who got to see it before its demise. I'll sum it up....I got a $2000 medical bill in the mail, and apparently my insurance won't cover it. *palms twitch with rage* Goosfraba!! (haha, name that movie!)
So, going against all that is Negative Nanny (that's me!), I've decided to post about some good things that I did today. Luckily I accomplished most everything before I got the bill. Because after that shock, my joy plummeted.
First: Shelves in Lilly's room. I've been going back and forth between wanting to paint Lilly's room and not wanting to paint. Part of me wants the project, and a lot of me doesn't want the project, if you get what I mean. I'm rationalizing it like this: it's not our permanent house, so I don't want to do something adorable like the last place and then have to just pack up and leave it. It really made me sad to leave the tree mural behind when we moved. Plus, we have to paint when we leave, so that means one project turns into two. Instead of painting, I've been trying to find things to hang, to spruce up the walls. Granted, the nursery is still just "blah," but it doesn't matter because the cutest thing about the nursery is the baby that sleeps in it. She's all I need!
| Ryan's dad gave us this Willow Tree statue at the hospital when we had Lilly. The pictures match the figurines.... |
| Ryan gave me this one on my birthday last year. |
Second, and, well, frankly, the only other thing I was able to accomplish today. A binder containing all of the birthday cards, Christmas cards, and random other holiday cards that I've received throughout my life. Granted, we didn't save the ones from when I was way little, but ever since I've had the choice, I've saved every single card that's come my way. I'm planning on doing this for Lilly. I'll most definitely keep it better documented for her, though. No finished product yet, so this picture will have to do...
![]() |
| The aftermath... |
Third: Ryan is pretty good at picking up on my moods. After telling him how upset I was, how guilty I felt, yada, yada, yada, and how I wanted to cancel our date night because it meant spending more money, he told me that he would be making dinner tonight. The only other time he's said that, we ended up going out...which I thought was hilarious. But, alas, he came home and started interrogating me about what ingredients we had in the kitchen..."do we have cayenne pepper? do we have corn syrup? do we have onion powder?" um, no. And, Ryan, there's only one question I wanted to hear you ask, and I didn't....IS THERE ANY DIET COKE? To which the answer is NOOOOO! My little domestic hubby ran out to grab the ingredients and came home to cook....drum roll please....B-DUBS!! My amazing husband took the time to research recipes for the sauces they make, and actually made an amazing rendition. Seriously, it was SOOOOO good! I told him that we're switching roles, and he can make dinner from now on. Yum!
![]() |
| Asian Zing flavor! It was seriously just as good, if not better than B-dubs |
![]() |
| Parmesan Garlic flavor. Also, AMAZING! |
Fourth: We've had a couple of rough weeks, so Ryan surprised me with tickets to see our favorite show, Laughing Stock at the Off Broadway Theater. I haven't been since January...when, ironically, I was also sick. Oh yeah, by the way, I'm sick. :( Anyway, we dropped our sleeping beauty off with grandma and snuck in around midnight to take her back home. I hope it doesn't confuse her when she wakes up in the morning and is in a different crib. The show was the best one I've ever seen. We left the show, both physically ill from how hard we were laughing.
Lastly: If this doesn't make you laugh, I don't know what will...it made Lilly laugh. She LOVES rough-housing with daddy









No comments:
Post a Comment