October 9, 2012

Day #2...Success!

Can you believe it? I'm typing this post right now because Lilly is SLEEPING! IN HER CRIB!!! She woke up this morning at 6:30, and when I put her back to bed, she stayed asleep until 9. I got up before she did! Whoa. I'm slightly worried that she's coming down with more than a cold. She's still SUPER mucousy, and she started tugging at her ear today. I don't think it's hurting her, but it's certainly making me nervous. We'll see. Of course, the week when both my husband and mom are out of town, my baby ends up getting sicker.

Another random thing Lilly has just started doing...laughing when all I do is look at her and say "HI!" She just bursts out laughing. I'll pretend to ignore her, look off in the other direction, and then look at her and say "HI!" She thinks it's hilarious. Oh, and she ate an entire container of carrots today! We can now add carrots to the very small list of veggies she loves. That makes the "Like" list two-strong! Sorry, I feel like talking about all of the funny things she's just started doing. She's really good at shaking her rattle like crazy. Today, when Junie was brave enough to walk up to her and sniff her hand, Lilly let loose with said hand and ended up punching June in the face 3-4 times. Haha, she so did not like that.

Other than being totally enamored by how silly my baby is, I spent the day doing exactly what I said I would. Since I had some free time when I woke up, instead of sleeping (GASP!), I decided to clean the sheets. I need to be better about that. Once my little angel woke up, I fed her, and while she played on the floor with her bunny rattle, I was able to accomplish kitty litter, dishes, vacuuming (didn't vacuum up baby), and LOTS of tinkering. To define "tinkering," I would put it something like this: the process of walking around the house, straightening up things, putting stuff back in its place, and making a mental list of larger chores that need to be done. I'm a tinkerer of Olympic proportion! 

Oh no! I just got to the end of my post, which is when I usually plop in all my pictures, only to realize that I didn't take any today!! Ryan taking the camera has really messed up my world! :P I'll go see if I can find another camera and something to post about...


No comments:

Post a Comment