She gets to wear it for 3 weeks...and we get to pay $100 once a week to have it changed. Bleh! There is a small tender mercy that I realized about all of this. Yesterday during the move, the cash that we had set aside for the movers was misplaced. Ryan was upset, I felt like everyone was blaming me, we were both confused as to where it could have gone, since we just set it on the counter and it disappeared...we ended up having to just get more money and hope that we'd eventually stumble across the lost money at some point. Where did we end up finding the money? I asked Jack to hand me the camera bag, and not knowing that he was holding it upside down, he ended up pouring the contents out all over the floor. The money envelope fell out too! Phew! Well, since we had to take Willow in to the ER at 10 PM, they required cash, and LOTS of it. We just so happened to have a large sum of cash on hand, thanks to some much-needed answered prayers. And, ironically, the bill was the exact amount that we had in cash. It started to feel like breaking Willow's arm was a part of the day that the Lord was trying to prepare us for. Now when I walk around the house, I won't pick up my feet out of fear of stepping on her again. I can honestly say that I'm beyond traumatized from hearing the snapping of her bone. Here's to hoping Captain Willie heals quickly and gets used to her new accessory.
September 9, 2012
Captain Willie
Suffice it to say, I couldn't sleep at all last night because of how badly I felt about the whole Willow situation. After a LONG night of no sleep and anxiety before the move, a full day of moving, and a night full of crying, midnight came around and all I wanted to do was sleep...but I couldn't. I literally couldn't get out of bed this morning. I had to send Ryan to pick up Willow on his own. I tried to distract myself with unpacking while he was gone. When she was finally home, it made me feel so much better to see that she was okay. She's still her goofy, hyper, happy kitty self, now she just sports a very large, purple cast. It's actually pretty hilarious. The thing is so bulky, it's longer than her other legs, so she just kind of hobbles along and drags it behind her. When she tries to run, she ends up flailing the cast about. We've been referring to it as her peg-leg. Pirate Willow! The only issue is that Junie senses that something is different about her, and has been hiding and hissing all day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment