Today is quite literally the day that won't end. We FINALLY got finished with the move, I was about to hop in the shower, and BAM, the crap hit the fan. Before getting into the shower, I needed to run to the other bathroom to grab a towel. As I was walking, Willow came barreling down the hallway and got tangled in my feet. I only remember two things...feeling my foot step on her paw, and hearing a loud SNAP. I immediately screamed "OH MY GOSH!" Ryan came sprinting to my side in a panic, wanting to know what happened. I just sat there, staring into oblivion, with my hands over my mouth, tears welling up in my eyes. I KNEW I had broken her leg. He jumped into serious daddy mode and ran to coax Willow out from under the bed. We ran to the ER, me bawling the whole way. I just prayed and prayed that she would be okay. Part of me hoped that it wasn't serious, since she didn't make a noise when I stepped on her, she didn't even seem like she was in all that much pain. If I hadn't heard the definite snapping of a bone, I would have just let her walk it off. Well, come to find out, I did indeed snap her arm in HALF. The doctor did say that it was probably best case scenario. I only broke one of the two arm bones, and bent both bones in both front paws. He said usually both bones are snapped and require surgery. She's just going to need a cast, and since she's so young and healthy, she'll heal really fast. Seriously, no words can describe how terrible I feel right now. I broke my baby's arm! She's staying the night at the vet, getting a round of pain meds and a cast, and we can pick her up tomorrow. Ugh, I just want my bed. When I can finally stop crying and feeling nauseatingly guilty, I'll post about the move.
.jpg) |
| She is such a good cat. Here she is with a broken arm, and she's still purring away and happy as can be. |
.jpg) |
| Both bones in both arms are bent. Thank goodness only one snapped. |
 |
| Yep, I've been bawling. |
No comments:
Post a Comment