August 27, 2012

Rice Cereal

It would seem that Lilly is quite advanced...in the art of eating! She takes after her mommy. For the past few weeks, I've noticed that no amount of food really holds her back from her mini-meltdowns. I was considering introducing rice cereal a long time ago, but held back because I really wasn't sure when I was supposed to. After talking to another new mom from our ward, the decision was clear. She said that she's had her baby (only 2 months older than Lilly) on rice cereal since he was 7 weeks old. Lilly is clearly ready: sitting up better, she's interested in our food (and mimics mouth movements when we eat), is always hungry, and chews on everything. My days are getting progressively harder when I'm feeding her upwards of 7 ounces every 2 hours.

We picked up all of the fun "real food" tools while we grocery shopped, and I'll admit, I was super excited to see what she'd think of it. I had pictured her taking it a completely different direction than how it actually went. She loves to eat, so I figured Ms. Piggy would get super excited about having something sweet (I thinned it with apple juice) and something thicker to "chew" on. Well, she actually didn't really love it...she didn't hate it either. She hasn't quite gotten the tongue motion down yet, so she ended up just licking the spoon and spitting most of it out. In my opinion, it's really hard to spoon-feed a baby what's basically the consistency of water. We'll both get used to it eventually! 

Speaking of tongue movements, she's been doing this ALL day. She sticks her tongue out into the corner of her mouth. It's so goofy! I swear, babies must go to sleep and learn new things in their dreams. She's a new baby and learns new things every day. 

Ms. Messy. I couldn't get over how cute she looked with food all over her face and a head full of messy hair.


In the meantime, I got one of these. It holds portioned-out formula that you can dump right into the bottle. I've been hunting for one since we had her, but I guess I was looking in the wrong sections at the store. Karlee, I remember you using one with Easton, and I thought it was so cool! Little did I know how much I would need one. I HATE carrying around an entire can of formula. 

Please excuse our messy kitchen. Moving has turned my OCD world upside down..We ended up moving her to the couch since her Bumbo makes her puke.

No comments:

Post a Comment