When Lilly woke up from her nap, I figured I'd give the rice cereal another shot. First I tried putting it in her bottle. She hated it! After two feedings with a screaming baby, I decided on another route. I mixed up 3 ounces of formula, and then added rice cereal until it was just thinner than Cream of Wheat. I was delighted when she actually loved it. She finished the whole bowl! Her sloppy, white smiles were precious. I guess she just didn't like the consistencies of the bottle mixture or how thin the mixture from last night was. I just barely tried to show Ryan how much of a good eater she was, but of course, she had to make me look like a fool. She's done this before. I'll tell family about how cranky she is all day, they'll babysit her for me, and she'll be an angel for them. We got about 3 bites in before she started freaking out. Ryan was like "are you sure she enjoyed it earlier?" Ha! It's a work in progress!
I'm not really sure how I feel about this next story. I hadn't grabbed the mail in a few days, so I decided to take Lilly on a mailbox adventure. I hurried out, hoping that no one would see me in my sweats, no makeup, messy hair, and all-round terrifying appearance. I just HAD to get the mail at that exact second. I was almost home-free when I heard "excuse me! Hey! Hey!" I turned around to see a car full of gorgeous girls (the kind that actually did their hair and makeup today). They asked me if I wanted a cupcake. Having had this happen before, with different intentions, I initially thought it was "prank the fat girl" day. I'm no stranger to getting mean things yelled at me from car windows...it's the sad reality of being me. But as she said this, I saw her raise a box of cupcakes out the window. She said "which one do you want?" I played along and told her how pretty they all were, picked one, and took the beautifully wrapped cupcake she handed me. The smile on my face was pretty big. How sweet of them to go around doing something like that. Then the driver leaned across the passenger and said "you look like you're having a bad day and need a cupcake." Oh, I do, huh? Must be the my-baby-has-been-cranky-all-day-and-I'm-going-off-no-sleep look that I had plastered on my face. Ha! Touche!
![]() |
| See how pretty! Apparently this local cupcake shop will be featured on the Food Network show "Cupcake Wars" next week. I can't get myself to eat it because it's so pretty. |
![]() |
| Found Junie sleeping in one of the boxes...I think I should start checking boxes before I seal them up. |



No comments:
Post a Comment