Since 2008, I have moved a total of 7 times (Out to Omaha for college, back home for the summer, back out to Omaha after Easton, back to Utah permanently for the wedding, into our first apartment in Layton, down to West Jordan where we currently live, and now down to Lehi, where I hope we can settle for a bit) After our last move, I had hoped it'd be at least a few years before the next one. I cannot stand moving. Maybe it's how I come to realize we have so much junk. Maybe it's the weeks of slowly packing up said junk. Maybe it's having to find someone to haul it all to the new place. Maybe it's the weeks of unpacking, and what feels like the months and months of getting everything where it needs to be. Yeah, maybe that's why I hate moving. Today was day #1 of packing. We move on September 15th, so I have 26 more days to go. I can't decide what's better: packing up as much as I can at once, just to get it all done, or slowly taking my time to pack it up over the next few weeks. I hate feeling like all I ever do is pack. So far the books and DVDs are packed away. I won't make the same mistake that I made last time, though. It was literally exactly a year ago, and we were preparing ourselves to move into our current place. I got a little too gung-ho, and packed up the kitchen and my crafts, not realizing I may still need most of the stuff. Ryan's birthday came, and being the horrible wife that I am, I had nothing to make a card or a cake with because everything was all packed away. I learned my lesson! Nothing important gets packed until right at the end....
 |
| Peek-a-boo! |
 |
| Packing is infinitely better this time around. I have a fun, smiley packing buddy to keep me company. |
No comments:
Post a Comment