We had a meeting down in Provo again, so we packed her up and ran out the door. She was an angel for the whole trip! I decided to let Ryan get back to work instead of driving me all the way home, so he dropped me off for a quick visit with my mom. I had hoped she'd drive Lilly and I home. Well, I got the better end of the deal, because she ended up just giving me her car for the day. I knew that selling the Lexus and turning us into a one-car family would be hard, but some days I just wish I could get up and go. I get so cooped up in here! Having my mom's car meant I could go and run all of the fun errands that I needed to do...shopping is fun for me, but Ryan can't stand it. I ran to Target, where I bought a mirror for the living room (CLEARANCE!), Michael's, where I scored an awesome deal on canvas (7-10X10", 2" thick canvas squares for $20, but when I got up to the register, she gave me 40% off! I'm working on another Pinterest project), and lastly, I ran to IKEA for curtains. I went for curtains, but of course I walked out with curtains, the matching decorative pillows, matching blanket, and a lamp. But, I will say that I got everything I needed and wanted for under $60. Woo!! That was about as much shopping as Lilly was willing to take. I got her home and BAM, the meltdown began. I was able to get her to calm down in increments while I packed the upstairs. I'd pack a box, play with her, pack a box, play with her...quite tiring if you ask me. Eventually she caught onto the fact that I was mostly ignoring her. From about 5:30 until 8, she screamed and screamed and screamed. I was so frustrated and upset, I just sat and prayed for patience. She was not due for a feeding, so I couldn't understand why she wouldn't calm down. I've never seen her so upset. Let's just say my migraine is THROBBING! I'm so done with today. I just need sleep. But, alas, I cannot "sleep in" because I have to get up bright and early to return my mom's car. I knew it was too good to be true.
![]() |
So, let me explain why this picture is in black and white....It occurred to me last night, that since I'm selling my blue and brown rug, the color scheme in our living room could be easily changed. Brown and ??? I asked Ryan if he wanted to stick with blue and brown or go with a new accent color. We voted on NEW! A few weeks ago we bought him a new work shirt at Kohl's, and I just fell in love with the color. That was the color that I wanted the living room to be. Notice how I'm being very vague on what color we decided on? I was going to have to buy new curtains no matter what color we decided on, since our current ones are very short, and our new place has a full-length window that needs them. It's funny how you can change the look of an entire room, just by picking new curtains. I found everything I needed at IKEA to match the new color, and I'm SO excited to paint. Any guesses as to what color we chose? (Mom, you don't get to answer!) I'm sure you'll all be very surprised. We're spending Labor Day at the new place, painting and assembling furniture. And I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for a design on the living room walls....Stay tuned.
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment