My lesson was about how we can make each other feel special, and how we can plan weekly date nights, regardless of time or money. Fun doesn't always have to cost money. I wrote down date night activities on popsicle sticks, and colored each stick according to the amount of preparation and money required. Yellow are free and require little-to-no prep. Things like: do a puzzle, go to the temple, play a board game. Blue requires a few bucks and a bit more time, for example, dollar menu dinner, rent a Redbox, and spend $5 at DI. The red ones require prep, possibly letting others know, and require a date night fund. The red pile includes things like: bowling, double date, movie theater (we rarely go), mini golfing, try a new restaurant, etc, etc. I threw in a few random, fun ones. "Chooser's choice" means that the person choosing can pick the activity, but it has to be within the means of the color group. Then, in the yellow group, there's "Natalie's Choice" and "Ryan's Choice," so even if I'm choosing, if I pick "Ryan's Choice," he gets to pick the activity. Kinda fun. I'm excited to see if this gets us out more. I'm still thinking of things to add.
By total accident, before I ever said anything about the lesson, Ryan came home with a Lilly for me. It's ironic because my lesson teaches about how love and marriage are like flowers. They need nurturing and love to survive. See, he knows how to make me feel special!




What a cute idea!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great idea! I miss all the dates before baby.
ReplyDelete