Let's just say, days like today are quite rare. I thought it was going to be the average day of me trying to accomplish cleaning, all the while taking care of a cranky baby. Everything about today was not average. Lilly didn't get up until 8! I fed her and put her back in her crib for a bit so that I could make our bed and start a quick load of laundry. She didn't make a peep! Usually she gets upset and starts screaming. I took her downstairs with me, set her in her swing, and told myself that I only had about 5 minutes before she would start getting mad that she wasn't being held...not a peep. Whoa. I was able to actually eat my breakfast in peace. I decided to hold her for a bit while I worked at the computer, and instead of doing work, we sat and had an extensive conversation, full of laughs and smiles. Goodness, she's adorable. After I ran out of things to do on the computer, I laid down on the couch for a nap with the baby. Noon rolled around when I heard the lock on the door jiggling. I held my breath for a second, only to see Ryan walk in. He took a half day! We were all able to have lunch together, and then Lilly went to her crib for a nap...and actually slept!! Usually it's back and forth, up and down the stairs, trying to get her to stay asleep. It never really works for me. Ryan has the magic touch. I used the silence as an opportunity to tackle my OCD list. I'm usually pretty content when I can manage vacuuming and keeping the house tidy, but that doesn't usually entail my usual OCD tendencies. I throw stuff in drawers, don't fold things, and just settle for things at least being in the right spot, not necessarily organized. Chore #1 was cleaning the "junk" cabinet in the kitchen. You know the one; medicine, tupperware, and random holiday nick -nacks. Then I moved onto the utility cabinet and under the kitchen sink. Like I said, stuff is just set in there, no order, no organization, cluttered. Now everything is straightened and the unnecessary stuff thrown away. After that, I scrubbed the kitchen, did kitty litter, vacuumed the guest bathroom (where the litter bins are), mopped said bathroom, mopped the kitchen, took out my third bag of garbage for the day, cleaned the pantry, moved loads of laundry around, and vacuumed. Now the house smells nice and clean..except for me. I think I need a shower now!
![]() |
| Trust me, there is a system to this madness. |
While cleaning, I received a call about my wedding ring. Yes, it's already that time of year again. I took it in last week to get cleaned, and it's already done. Usually I have to wait the full 2 weeks. Needing a break from cleaning, we all packed up and went to the mall. We didn't need to use our date night sticks for the night, but we did end up making it our date night when I realized I had a bunch of freebie coupons for snacks. We stopped at Mrs. Fields Cookies and Pretzelmaker for some snacks. Lilly wasn't having any of it (I think because we didn't buy her a cookie. I offered her a bite of mine, but she didn't want it!), so we ended up tailing it out of there pretty quickly. Oh well, it was still nice to get out of the house.
Once Lilly was bathed, fed, and tucked in for bed, I finally got to sit down and unwind. I have really been enjoying getting to snuggle up on the couch each night with a Soduku book. I'm gettin' pretty good! After getting rather sad that I had finished all the puzzles in my current book, Ryan ordered me a catalog-size book of puzzles and surprised me when it came today. How sweet! I don't think I'll be able to finish this thing for years!




No comments:
Post a Comment