![]() |
| Picking out veggies while juggling the bottle. I was so hot and tired from running around with a cranky baby all day. |
July 9, 2012
Traumatizing Day
Ms. Lilly Beans had her 2 month appointment today. Poor thing had no idea what was coming her way. She was surprisingly happy all the way up to the part where she got poked. Ryan and I were mostly curious to see how much she weighed and how long she was. Not only does she appear to be plumping up nicely, everyone's been commenting on her height. I haven't noticed, but that's only because I see her everyday, but apparently everyone else can tell that she's really long now. Oh, so NOW she decides to take after Ryan and be tall... She now weighs 13 lbs and is 23 1/2 inches long. The doctor says that she's growing really fast, which would explain why she wants to eat ALL THE TIME! I muffled a laugh when he said that she was in the 97th percentile for weight. That's my girl! He said that she's exactly the right weight for her height, she's just very "healthy"...that's the nice way of saying "fat." Of course, she hated the shots. They asked one of us to hold her arms while they poked her. I volunteered Ryan because I didn't want to be the person that caused her to scream when she looked at them and remembered getting tortured. I'm okay if she hates Ryan. Haha! I was a very proud mommy when she only cried for a minute after the shot. Just had to pop in the binky and everything was okay again. She went right to sleep. I took the opportunity to run the many errands that I had planned for the day. BAD IDEA! Only one store in, she woke up and had enough. I suddenly became "that" lady that everyone stares at because her baby won't shut up. By the time I got to my last store, I gave in and pulled out a bottle. I ended up pushing a grocery cart, while juggling a baby in my arms and a bottle on my chin. Yeah, I got lots of looks today. But we've since gotten home and Lilly has been given a small dose of baby Tylenol. She's out like a light. I have a very lengthy FHE lesson to plan for tonight, so I hope she stays asleep long enough for me to get some stuff done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment