The first thing I did, when she woke up shortly after her last feeding (also not normal for her), was grab her and pull her into bed with me. I was determined to have a day in bed. It was actually quite enjoyable. We sat and chatted, she watched me play on my Nexus, and we cuddled some. No more sleep was had for me, but I was in my bed, so I was pretty happy. After her 11 o'clock feeding, I decided that I'd test a theory. I made up the bed all nice, tucked her in on daddy's pillow, propped her up on both sides, and put on Tangled while I snuck in a workout. It worked! She was completely silent the whole time. I would keep looking back at her to see if she was panicking yet, but she would just smile at me. I loved it! I would like to be positive and say that the gas drops are working. If I had tried to pull off working out like that yesterday, she would have screamed the whole time.
I was pretty proud of myself for finding the motivation to 1) get out of bed and 2) workout. If you had told me when I woke up that I'd do that, I would have probably smacked you...okay, I wouldn't smack you, but I would have wanted to. Somehow all of the energy I needed to function came back, and the day went on like normal. Well, not really. Ryan came home at 2 to rescue me. I actually got a 3 hour nap. Oh my goodness was that nap lovely. I had some intense dinosaur nightmares, but sleep is sleep, I'll take it! Fingers crossed that the gas drops continue to work!!
In dieting news, it's going pretty well. I've been experiencing withdrawals. Everyday at about 2, I get the munchies...BAD! Where I would usually just eat everything in sight, just to shut up the voice in my head that was telling me I needed it all, I had to refrain. It's so hard! Today I grabbed a banana and a granola bar right before my nap, but that just wasn't doing it. I can't wait until I don't feel so hungry all the time. It's worth it, right?
![]() |
| Every time I turned to check on her, this is the precious little face that would smile at me. |


No comments:
Post a Comment