July 13, 2012

Lucky Day

Wow, I truly didn't think fate could be so nice to me TWICE in one week. Ryan and I have some things going on right now that require lots of thought and prayer, so we decided that we needed a night at the temple to mull things over. My sweet mother offered to babysit Lilly, and, when I jokingly said "you can keep her for the night!", actually offered to do just that. I felt guilty, like I was a bad mom for passing my daughter off for two nights in one week. I toyed with the idea of not making my mom watch her, but I came to my senses when I thought of having a Friday night without a baby, and Saturday to sleep in with my husband. I caved and let her have another sleepover. Trust me, mom, the late night feedings will all be worth it when you go to wake her up and she smiles at you. That's my favorite part of the whole day!

We tried really hard to make a session at the Draper temple, but when we got there 5 minutes before the session, we decided not to wait another hour for the next one. Ryan proposed that we go out and have a much-needed actual date night, and we would go to the temple tomorrow. It's gonna happen, okay?! So what did we do? Why is it that everyone always takes my jokes as me being serious? My mom offers to take Lilly after I joke about having her stay the night. And now this. I joked that Ryan and I should go to Tucanos, but, knowing that it was too expensive, I laughed it off. Ryan promptly responded "okay, let's do that!"  Is there a sign on my head that says "do the exact opposite of everything I say!"? So that's what we did. We stuffed ourselves with bacon-wrapped filet mignon, mozzarella balls, and lots of delicious, bubbly Diet Coke for Nanny. As if we were crazy teenagers again, we turned up the radio in the car and enjoyed something other than church music for once. I thought it was really cute when the song "Remind Me" by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood came on, and Ryan and I each sang the respective parts. 

Again, I miss my Lilly. She's been so adorable lately, it breaks my heart to be away from her...even when she's screaming. I just love that little girl so much!! Mom, she better have all of her toes when I pick her up tomorrow...IF I pick her up tomorrow. :P


Yes, you're seeing it right. Lilly and I matched in our pink and white polka dot shirts. She was all sorts of upset right before I left her with my mom, and all she wanted to do was lay her head down on my chest for some snuggles. I LOVE being a mom to this sweet girl.

I'm not sure if I find this face amazingly attractive or incredibly terrifying. A little of both, I think. Actually, he just popped a chicken heart into this mouth. YUCK! This is a man that gags at the sight of pickles, but will gladly pop a chicken heart into his mouth. I don't get you, Ryan!
You really can't go wrong when they serve you your own carafe full of Diet Coke. Hit me again!



No comments:

Post a Comment