According to the calendar hanging in our kitchen, it's Cow Appreciation Day. Usually I wouldn't care, but I happen to appreciate my Junie-cow. Not only do I appreciate my Junie, I appreciate lots of other things about today. First is my lovely mother! I can positively say that I feel absolutely NO guilt in making her watch the baby for the night. Here I was thinking that she'd have to get up a few times to feed the always-hungry piggy, but apparently Lilly let her sleep a full night. On top of that, they got up bright and early to go shopping...without me! I dropped Lilly off with two outfits, and she ended up coming home with 6 more. Lucky, spoiled baby!
I always love getting to show Ryan how much I appreciate him, so, despite being completely exhausted from a day of cleaning, I decided to make him Navajo tacos for dinner (he's been craving them). As always, I pulled out my trusty cookie cutters and cut them into shapes. Today's shape was quite appropriate...a heart! As we were eating dinner, I felt like I wanted to bake cookies too. On top of everything else I did today, I wanted to bake? I'm glad I did though. This was, in my opinion, one of the best batches of cookies I've made.
So, today I got to appreciate all of the wonderful people and pets that I love. It was a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment