Hmm, I'm choosing to write about the good things that happened today. Because the bad stuff will only make me cry...Here goes!
I finally got a much-needed pedicure. No, you don't understand, it was either that or amputate my feet. I needed my heels seen to pretty badly. I got to enjoy a massage chair, a pedicure, and some relaxing foot and leg massages first thing this morning. It's funny, because I tend to like the nail salons that have mostly oriental people. They are really good and care about quality (Not to mention, they aren't as expensive). But this time, the lack of understanding English seems to have gotten me into a bit of trouble. As I sat and watched the man paint my nails, I asked him if he could also paint a small pink flower on each of my big toes, in honor of the baby. He seemed to understand. When he started drawing the "flower," I got a blue sparkly stone, a white and gold flower thingy, and some other random design. I just laughed. I didn't care though. It didn't matter to me how my toe nails looked, as long as someone on this planet was willing to go near my feet. They're different and cute anyway.
After the pedicure, I met up with my mom for a day of shopping. I felt like the baby still needed some outfits because all of the clothes we have are too big for a newborn. That won't work! So we went out to all of the fun baby stores. I got about 10 outfits and some shoes. I started to feel bad after I totaled up how much I'd spent.
I guess the other day wasn't the worst that my "bad key day" was going to get. I got home, parked the car, collected my bags off of the passenger seat, and then got out and locked the door. I didn't notice that my key lanyard had fallen on the floor of the car. DANGIT! I was now locked out of the car AND the house. I called my mom and she ran over to save the day. I did get a good 45 minutes of sitting on the curb.
I had a very good day with my mom. We had lots of fun having girl talk (I don't get that very often) and buying lots of baby goodies. The nursery and "to get" list are done!! No more shopping...just waiting on baby. Only 9 days!!
As I sit here in my house, alone, sad, and crying, I must keep
reminding myself of the words of President Gordon B. Hinckley..."It
isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is...". If it is, I won't make
it...
 |
| I think I'd get a job, just to be able to pay for a pedicure every month. |
 |
| These were my favorite! SOOO cute. Both of my favorite colors. |
 |
| The glider. |
 |
| The crib. Spy cam included |
I AM PRETTY MUCH OBSESSED WITH YOUR NURSERY! it is just to die for! i do hope your feeling better! i cant wait to see your little bundle of joy!
ReplyDeleteThanks!! I can't wait to show her off...and not be pregnant anymore :P
ReplyDelete