Anyway, today was a bad key day, not only for me, but apparently my neighbors as well. Remember last week when I said that the Lexus had died? We mustered up the courage to have it looked over. Luckily towing was covered by insurance, so we could breathe a little easier when it was taken to the repair shop at no cost to us. We braced ourselves in preparation for whatever could be wrong and whatever it would cost. I had to do a double-take when Ryan told me that the repair shop said nothing was wrong with the car and that it was up and running just fine. Huh. Really? My norm is usually never leaving without at least a $500 repair. I was glad that they were honest and didn't make anything up. We are guessing that we didn't jump it right. Ryan used the Camry to jump it, and since it's a hybrid, the battery was in the trunk. Maybe we just need some courses on how to use our new car. The Lexus used up its last life with me, so it's now going up for sale. Good riddance!
Anyway, I drove the car home from the shop, and since we were heading out for our BDUBS date night, I just threw the loose key into my bag. When I went to grab the key this morning, I couldn't find it. Yes, I dumped my bag out on the floor. Yes, I ran around like a crazy, panicky person. Yes, I spent a good 10 minutes saying silent prayers that I would find it. I ran out to see if I had left it in the ignition, only to find that the doors were all unlocked. (Ryan is too used to the automatic locks on the Camry. He had to move the car, and forgot to lock the doors.) Sheesh! No key. I ran upstairs to see if it had fallen out of my bag when I chucked it onto the floor the night before. Nope. I didn't know what else to do. Did it fall out while on our date? Did I leave it in the other car? As I was pondering, I was sticking my fingers down into the tiny pockets of my purse (the ones that no one can fit anything into), and sighed a huge breath of relief when it was there, wedged into the pocket. I felt like a dum-dum when I finally got into the car. That feeling of stupidity only lasted for a few seconds because I looked up at my neighbor's door and noticed that her entire key chain was dangling from her back door. I wondered to myself if she was inside, engaged in a world of panic like I just was.
![]() |
| I'm glad I wasn't the only one that lost keys. |


No comments:
Post a Comment