April 25, 2012

Look What I Did!

I'm pretty proud of myself...well, I'm sure I will be once the sheer exhaustion and annoyance wears off. I keep having those days where I start to wake up in the morning, thinking about the things that need to be done, and then tell myself  "shut up! You're gonna sleep today!" But then the day ends up with me NOT sleeping it away. Good and bad, I guess. I'm still dealing with the consequences of severe depression; fatigue, exhaustion, hardly eating, lack of motivation, etc, etc.... Ryan and I were talking the other day, and we both decided that in order to start healing and getting back to normal, I need to "just do it." I feel scared to take on too much and become overwhelmed (part of the depression), but I decided to try. Trying can't hurt. So I've been getting up every day, making the bed (my day feels so much better when the bed is made. Dumb, but true), cleaning up, and then doing just one thing that needs to be done. My mom told me that just doing one thing is a good start. Today, I was pretty set to sleep all day, but, yet again, I let the "just do it" motto go through my head. I ended up cleaning the nursery window, window sill, and the blinds. Then I looked at the unopened organizational closet cube system that still needed to be built, and thought to myself,  "hmm, I think I could do that." Ha! We don't turn on our AC because it's too expensive, on top of that, the nursery faces the sun, so the room was a sauna. I was pouring sweat and ended up practically nude by the time I was done building. But I did it! That wasn't enough though. I was waiting until this weekend to buy the baskets that go inside the cubby slots, but I decided to use my motivation and ran to the store to grab stuff I needed. Officially pooped out, sweaty and stinky, and HUNGRY, I think I'll finally get to sleep. Ryan has his last class tonight, so I have the night to myself until about 9.

Looking at this picture, I think I may need to buy LOTS more baby clothes. Most of this stuff is 3-6 months or larger. Also, we're only using one side of the closet for the baby stuff. The other half (since we don't have much storage in this place) has suitcases, boxes, and other stuff. Plus, the recliner is slightly blocking it because it's angled in the corner. I didn't want to waste all of the floor space, so I thought this organizer was perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment