April 24, 2012

Burns So Good

Let me provide some background to this post. When I moved out to Omaha in 2008, I was introduced to the delicious, flavorful world of Buffalo Wild Wings. My friends and I would go there every single Tuesday to take advantage of their (what was then) 40 cent wing Tuesdays. Literally, EVERY Tuesday. We loved the bonding time, goofing around, and trying all of the different sauces. When I moved back to Utah, I went through some serious withdrawals because BDUBS (as we call it) didn't have a location in Utah. I became a little upset when I was pregnant with Easton and that was all I craved. I couldn't just have any wings either. They had to be from BDUBS. I went onto their website to see if there was a location nearby, only to find a banner that said "Arkansas opens 49th location!" Utah had zero! I directed that anger and used it to email the company. They owed me an explanation as to why Utah couldn't know of its amazingness. We were the only state out of all 50 that didn't have a single location. All they said in response was "we are not interested in having locations in Utah at this time." I didn't take it sitting down. I bombarded their Facebook page and kept up the emails. When Ryan told me that a BDUBS location was coming to Lehi, I jumped up and down like a giddy little girl. 8 or so months later, we only JUST went tonight. He's been saying how he wants to take me and let me have a much-needed wings date night. Oh, it was so worth the wait!

I knew I was having a girl this pregnancy because I've been craving spicy food the entire time. My order of wings tonight consisted of 20 of the really spicy stuff. 10 Asian Zing and 10 Spicy Garlic. Ryan played it safe, since he can't handle ANY spicy food, and got BBQ, Teriyaki, and Parmesan. I did dare him to try one of my wings though. They didn't seem to phase him at first, but then his face turned red, he got a sheen of sweat on his forehead, and started sticking out his tongue while waving his hands at his face. Ryan and I both agree that my name should be on the building, or, at the very least, I should have been able to cut the ribbon at the grand opening, since I worked so hard to get them here. :P

THE OLD TIMES!


My bestie, Twon. So many good memories at that BDUBS
4 YEARS LATER...

SPICY!

No comments:

Post a Comment