Two years. Wow. He came down the escalator today, and I just breathed this sigh of relief. Being a family member of a missionary, you have full faith that the Lord will protect and watch out for your loved one. But you just have this up-tight, anxious feeling about it when you think about him. We prayed for him every single night and I always ended my emails with "I love you so much! Be safe and make good choices." And he did. He was home safe, and gave me a big, much-needed hug. He also got to meet Ryan for the first time. He calls him his brother. I know that no one will ever love Ryan the way Jack does. Jack never thought his sister would marry a man as worthy as Ryan, and I know he's so thankful for him.
After picking him up, we got to go with Jack when he was released. He was visually upset when my mom took off his tags. A part of him will always be in those tags. I must say, it's so refreshing having him home. It's like a burst of new, eternal energy. Everything he says is inspiring and gospel-related. He really did serve with all of his heart, and I know that he'll continue touching the lives of those around him. We're so happy to have him home.
WELCOME HOME, ELDER GRIFFIN. YOU SERVED LIKE A CHAMPION!!!
Didn't realize how chunky my arms are...bleh. Dallin and I had a bet about who would get the first hug, so he ran up before me and snagged it first. Dangit! ..... Pictures to come tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment