I will admit that today's post kind of embarrasses me. I proclaim to be the queen of OCD, but the topic and pictures may have lots of people grossed out and doubting everything I am. My mother yelled at me when we moved out of our last apartment, because I invited her over to help us clean, and she was disgusted with how our bathroom was. I didn't think it was that bad. Haha, and yes, she really did give me a lecture on how to properly clean my tub and shower WEEKLY. When we moved into this apartment, we were newly equipped with the chemicals that she gifted us with so that I
would clean it weekly. Buuuut I never did. In my defense, I'm not supposed to be around chemicals, especially these mildew cleaners. Powerful stuff. And since I can't even reach my toes, how do you expect me to bend over to scrub a tub? Anyway, I started to notice a mildewy, gross, musty smell after every shower we took. I'd walk into the bathroom (we keep the door closed), and I'd get hit with the stink. I realized, yet again, that I should have just listened to my mom. I knew that with a new baby coming, we would need to disinfect everything, clean up the mildew, and KEEP it that way. So today was the day! I was so productive today.
I found a strange surge of energy that got me out of the house to run errands, do some chores, and make dinner. It was nice. I'm still sore, but I don't feel dead on my feet. So I decided not to risk losing this high by tomorrow (when I had initially intended to clean the bathroom), and did it tonight instead. I put on my cleaning clothes, put on a mask, and got started. Ryan saw that I had bitten off more than I could chew, so he helped me scrub it down. Both of us had burning eyes by the end, but we finished with nice white tile. This is the funny part. I usually take a shower after I clean the tub and shower, since it allows me to enclose myself in and splash away all the dirt and chemicals on the walls, so that's what I did. I jumped right in, not realizing the water was ice cold...and wouldn't heat up. We used all of the hot water while cleaning. I really needed the shower, or at least my hair cleaned, so I turned off the shower, turned the water over to the tub faucet, got down on both knees, and stuck my head under the running glacial water. Brrrr! Hopefully tomorrow I can enjoy a hot shower and a clean bathroom.
 |
| I didn't realize how bad it was until it was cleaned. The before picture looks like it belongs in an Alfred Hitchcock movie. And I swear, I don't keep ANYTHING else this gross. The bathroom is just hard for me to clean. |

(Day 357)
No comments:
Post a Comment