Long day of getting stuff done! When I first woke up, I made my first ever batch of funeral potatoes for dinner tomorrow. A Utah tradition! I'm officially a Utahan! I'm hoping it tastes good, since it's a different recipe than what the Goodrich's are used to... Since the house was still clean from our intense cleaning last night, I just took it easy after my cooking. Haha, it's sad, but standing for that long wore me out. I've actually gotten to the point of pulling one of the bar stools into the kitchen while I cook, so that I can sit. After cooking, resting was quite hard to do because every time I laid down and got comfortable, either the UPS or the FedEx guy would knock. So annoying! Once Ryan got home, we ran out to get him a new pair of pants, me a new shirt, and grab some cake stuffs to make dessert on Sunday. My hip pain has been so bad, I've been considering using the wheelchairs provided by the stores, but Ryan's afraid I'll get in trouble. We'd sure be able to "wander" stores more if I wasn't having to waddle around in pain. My misery is so laughable. I did surprisingly well though, and I was able to make it through several stores. Once we got home, I still had lots to do. I made Easter egg Rice Krispie treats for our monthly FHE tomorrow. Then I had to cut Ryan's hair...and yes, I cut his hair after I made my treats. I don't think the Rice Krispie treats would have tasted good with bits of Ryan's hair in them... So yeah, I'm pooped!
 |
| Some of them have M&Ms inside. I gave up on putting stuff inside because they were still a little warm, and I didn't want people to get to the center and find a melted chocolate mess. I WAS going to do a bunch of cute stuff on the outside, but it didn't look good. So now what? Plain? I guess so. I think this is as much Easter egg making that Ryan and I will do this year. |

(Day 350)
Those eggs are cute! I bet it would look cute to drizzle some colored chocolate on the outside of them? Just an idea.
ReplyDelete