So my purpose of this post is to shut down my naysayers. Even those in my own family don't know me. They weren't exactly there for me when I hit my hardest times. In fact, it's been the opposite. I'm a bit bitter at the phrase "your family will always be there when you need them the most." I have found that they usually fight me the most and criticize me the most. Don't get me wrong. I love them to death and I would do anything for them. But during times like this, when I'm at my lowest point and most vulnerable, where are they? Who is it that's upsetting me the most? The answers to those question are depressing, I must admit. So my decision is made. I will only be focusing on my own little family from now on. Too many outstanding problems exist and keep arising. Until they are resolved, I can't continue this way. And trust me, I've tried to resolve them, but have only gotten shut down.
I'm depressed and upset about my own broken family, but I am beyond grateful for Ryan's family. I can honestly say that Ryan's parents are the epitome of perfect parents. I've never seen them talk down to him, and I've only seen them show him love and support. I tell Ryan all the time that's he's so lucky to have the parents and siblings he does. My brothers and I never learned how to apologize or say "I love you" while growing up. The example was never there. So those two things have been so hard for me to get comfortable with. Ryan is so good at it because of the amazing example of his family. I'm happy I have them. I'm happy that our daughter will get to know them and learn from them. I want to start calling the baby "Mini Jan" because that's who I want her to be like. Jan is my hero!
This post has been jumpy and long, but these are my feelings. I can only beg that those of my family and friends that immediately judge me based on the gossip and lies that go around my family can try to also "be the bigger person." Give yourself a chance to get to know me before you assume I'm just a mess up. Stop listening to the lies that specific people tell to protect themselves. Because right now, I feel like a real mess up, and I don't want to. I'm truly trying my hardest to find the good during this terrible time. I believe that I can only do that if I shun the negative. It hurts me to think that I feel so angry towards certain family members. But I can only reach out and be turned down so many times. So, if you're my family and you're reading this, I look forward to your reaching out. I'll be here...

(Day 324)

No comments:
Post a Comment