Okay, so onto today. I don't even know where to begin. I'm BEYOND P-O'd and I swear I could rant about it for days on end. I came into work today, hadn't even set down my bag, and already had a co-worker yelling at me about leaving early on Friday. It takes a lot of back story to get you to understand why she's stupid and why she was totally unwarranted in her yelling, so I'll try to sum it up. She is the main military move coordinator that I was hired to help. We've been unusually bombarded with military moves, so they hired me to pick up the slack. She was unable to do everything required for the moves. Basically, we split her daily tasks. My mom's my boss, but she is the one I help out. Like I stated in my Friday post, our systems were down. I literally could not do anything, so I busied myself with trying to find little things of hers to do. I was surprised I was even able to keep busy until noon. Sometimes when I have time, I offer the other coordinators help, since I know how to do their stuff. It's not my job, it's not mandatory, it's just me trying to make myself useful. It was at that point that her and the other three main coordinators left for lunch. I decided to leave early on Friday because I couldn't do anything and everyone else was gone. I got in this morning only to have my main coordintor flip out at me like my leaving on Friday was the end of the world. "Why did you leave without asking? Why didn't you make sure the other girls didn't have work you could do? Did you know the phones were ringing off the hook?" I didn't even let her finish before I cut her off in complete defense of myself. Mind the attitude, but this is what I responded with... "Are you kidding me?! First off, I emailed you and let you know I was leaving, which is more than I have to do, BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT MY BOSS! Second, YOU'RE NOT MY BOSS! I don't work for you. I don't work for the other girls, I have every right to leave my job when I want to. Third, I don't work for the other girls. I do YOUR work, not theirs. So if they were busy, it's not my fault. They didn't say anything, so sorry for my lacking a mind reading power! Fourth, I couldn't do any work even if I wanted to! The system was down!! And fifthly, if the phone was ringing, ANSWER IT! It's not the end of the world! Besides, even when I am at work, I don't answer the phones, so I don't know why you're mad at me about the fact that they weren't getting picked up." I was so mad that she had the audacity to act like she was my boss and controlled me. We are equals. Not to mention that for the past few months, she's just randomly decided on about a dozen occasions, to not come into work and has just left me hanging. Who's the flaky one now? I at least go into work every day, EARLY, just to help her out. I only ever leave if her tasks are done. She acted like the sky was falling. Ugh! I was SOOO mad. And then, to make the high school drama worse, my standing up for myself seemed to throw her off. Usually she tramples everyone and they're too scared to stand up to her. I'm pregnant with an attitude, and I have full confidence in myself and what I do, so I wasn't about to let her walk all over me. She immediately ran into the break room with a bunch of the other co-workers that hate me for no reason, and started whispering. I was even told by the one person in the office that I'm friends with, that she walked past the break room and could hear them talking about me. By that point, it was just laughable. GROW UP!!...My day just seemed to get worse. The elephant in the room was that now everyone in the office hates me, whether they admit it or not. And why? I can't for the life of me figure it out. I was hired to help them. All I do is help them. If it weren't for me, they'd never get anything done. So for them to flip and backstab me so quickly in a situation of complete misunderstanding, that's hurtful. I was so insulted, I was seconds from quitting. I so badly wanted to show them what true "leaving everyone hanging" looked like. Try not having me at all!! Okay, so that was long, ranty, and angry, but I needed to vent. The best part was that I went in to my mom (also my boss) and told her the story. She was 100% on my side and thought the other coordinators were being rude babies, and that I was fully justified in leaving. In fact, she said that had she been there on Friday, she would have sent me home because of the lack of work. VINDICATION!! Since my mom's leaving the office to work at home, my loyalty goes with her. I've worked at this company on and off for 5 years, helping when they're overwhelmed and need me. After today, I've decided that this is my last time. No more. There is no respect for me or what I do. They can play these dramatic, immature high school games with some other poor sap. Okay, shutting up...
By the end of the day, I just wanted something to make me happy. I had ordered some Girl Scout cookies a month or so ago and they finally arrived. That helped a little. The best news of the day came in the form of one little phone call. The nursery recliner is here! We were told it would take 14 weeks, so I was completely taken by surprise to hear that it's ready to be picked up. The one-up would have been being able to pick it up tonight, but it's fully assembled, so we needed to borrow my mom's SUV, and seeing as it was her birthday, I didn't want to leave her carless. Tomorrow though. Tomorrow will be amazing!
A candle for every year of her life...I won't say how old she is. You'll just have to count. I kid you not, she almost lit her hair on fire as she was blowing them out. Everyone was like "KIM! Your hair!!" It was hilarious.
This picture is adorable. I told her "smile, birthday girl!" And looks like a little kid with frosting on her lips, saying "I like cake!" Ahh, I love this goof.
I told her that since she's trying to cut back to one Pepsi a day, this is what she should use to measure that "one drink." Can you believe the size of that thing? Wow!
(Day 318)


No comments:
Post a Comment