March 13, 2012

Like Mommy, Like Kitty

For the first time in a long time, I'm blogging about Angel. I bet you've all been wondering where she's been. She's still here, happy, and healthy. I originally thought that she would warm up to the kittens, but that never happened. I think she takes after me too much. Instead of trying to socialize, she avoided it and has been hiding under the bed ever since. Lately she's been a bit more social towards me though. She jumps up on the bed for loves, and then retreats back under the bed when she's had enough. I've noticed during these brief meetings that she's not taking care of herself. She's a long haired cat, so her hair is getting pretty clumpy...in bad places. Clumps on her back are normal, but they started to clump up around her tushy. She wouldn't even let me look to see how bad it was or pet her lower back and tail. So I took her into the vet today. Good news, all is well. Angel got a tushy shave to clear up the clump and to see if the area was infected. No infection. Again, she's just like me and doesn't take care of herself like she should. She got a clean bill of health, which made me pretty proud considering she's over 16 years old. The doctor did, however, tell me that she needed to be completely shaved down....again. I got her shaved right before I moved to Omaha, for this exact same reason. It cost about $90. So, to avoid paying that much, he said I could do it myself. I'm not sure what we're going to do, but Angel isn't going to be fluffy for much longer.

She was super funny the entire time. She gets pretty clingy when she's terrified...who wouldn't be? While we waited for the doctor, she jumped up onto the bench with me, curled up against my leg, and hid under my jacket. She played hide & seek. Then when the doctor was poking and prodding, she insisted on having her head on my tummy while I rubbed her. It was really sweet. Moments like this make me forget all of my troubles, and I realize that maybe I am destined to be a mommy. I know it's a dumb realization to have with a cat at the vet, but I just felt so protective and motherly. She hated the drive in the car, so I sang "You Are My Sunshine" the entire way. The cats all love it when I sing them that song, so when they're scared, I sing it and they calm down. Works like a charm. :D

Willow is always so concerned about Angel. She desperately tried to get her out.

Angel's just like me weight-wise too. Pudgy kitty!

Where's Angel?

There she is!

I went walking out of the exam room and ran into THE biggest Rottweiler I've ever seen. I about screamed. I immediately took off my jacket and threw it over Angel's kennel. I literally didn't even want to look at it, it was so huge. Seriously! Look at how hard the owner is tugging at its leash!

I think she had her life flash before her eyes, because since the second we got home, she has been out and social. Did she decide to change her life? haha! I'm glad she's okay.



(Day 326)

No comments:

Post a Comment