As I write this, I'm fighting off the extreme urge to vomit all over my laptop. That is how last night and today went. When I went to bed last night, I forgot to take my acid reflux pills. NEVER again will that happen! EVER! The acid volcano erupting in my throat was so intense, I had to keep running to the bathroom in the middle of the night to avoid puking in bed. Ryan's told me on many occasion that puking on him is a deal breaker. And yes, I was way too tired, sick, and sore to run downstairs to find my pills. But now that I think about it, I would have liked to see what images I would have triggered the security cameras to take. Anyway, waking up this morning only made it worse. I ran into the bathroom to puke immediately. That part of the day was not unusual. I do that almost every morning. It was the constant nausea and near-puking incidents that kept happening at work that alerted me that something could be wrong. I had a raging headache, nausea, and a sciatic nerve that was so painful, I couldn't walk, sit, or bend over without almost crying. I finished up all my work and then decided (along with my mom-boss) that today would be a good day to declare my once a week mandatory half day. Ryan had school tonight, so I figured I could get home and possibly die. I felt bad when I was just getting ready to leave work and my mom came and gave me lunch that she bought me. A chicken sandwich and tots from Sonic; my biggest craving right now. I wrapped it up and took it home with me, only to set it on the nightstand when I got home...where it's still sitting. I feel terrible for not eating it, but I was seconds from vomiting. It didn't seem wise. So I ask. Should I be worried? I feel unusually sick and painful today. But after the last meltdown that a certain co-worker had the last time I left early, I know I can't miss work tomorrow. The world may end!

This was dinner. When I'm nauseous like this, only cold substances can settle my tummy...ice cream, apple sauce, capri sun...If Ryan knows I'm running into the bathroom to get sick, he starts yelling out "RAIN! ICE CREAM! SNOW!" to try and get me to think about things that make me feel better.

I couldn't eat it, but June certainly seemed willing to help me out. How sweet.

(Day 320)
No comments:
Post a Comment