February 22, 2012

Uh Oh!

Sometimes, it doesn't matter how you tell someone you did something wrong, they're still going to be mad. I tried to put on my cute face when I said "Ryan...I made a uh-oh." ....

The story. I had to leave work early today. My UTI is most definitely a bladder infection. I can hardly stand up straight or walk, not to mention the dizziness and feeling like I'm going to faint. I thought it wise to go home before I actually did. Ryan was his typical sweet self and made me dinner. He brought me my dinner and my new, huge water bottle while I was in bed, so that I could take my antibiotics. Which, by the way, the hospital gave me a huge water jug to try and get me to drink more. Having had about 4 of them today, I still feel dehydrated. I don't get it...Anyway, I was so hungry, I just dug into my food and didn't notice that the jug was slightly tipped over and flooding into the bed. For a second, I thought my water broke because the water had seeped through the blankets of the bed, down to my tush. Crisis averted! I panicked when I saw how bad it was. WATER EVERYWHERE! And you better believe I had my Kindle, my phone, my iPod, AND the $2000 camera sitting next to me. Which do I save first?? Ugh! But, out of all of those electronics, I was able to save all but the phone from getting wet. Phew! So yeah, my phone is officially dead. I'm not that sad though. Ryan bought it for me 2 years ago when I moved out to Omaha. It cost all of $50, and all I do on it is text occasionally and call my papa. It's more for emergencies. Guess we'll have to see what comes of that. Ryan wasn't too pleased with me. So, despite how indescribably painful my body is, I decided to suck it up and fix my mistake. Thank goodness for hair dryers! It took me all of 10 minutes to get the bed nice and dry. Can't say that about my phone. :(

This was only a fraction of the spill. It managed to crawl its way over to the pillows, soaked the entire top of the bed, the sheets, and of course, the mattress. All better now!

Goodbye, phone!



(Day 306)

1 comment:

  1. Did you try putting it in Tupperware with rice? Saved my phone when it was drowned!

    ReplyDelete