February 21, 2012

Sheldon

After a brief discussion about what to name our car (every good car has a name), Ryan and I selected one that suited our nerdy side. Our car's new name is Sheldon. Why, you ask? Well, only my nerdy friends will understand the reference, but for your normal folk, I'll spell it out. Ryan and I are obsessed with the TV show "The Big Bang Theory". Sheldon is one of the main characters. He also happens to be a genius. When trying to pick a name for the car, I related it to being the nerdy car version of Sheldon. Yes, I think our car is a nerd. It's a complicated Hybrid and does things people will never understand.....well, maybe Sheldon would. So there you have it.

I was finally able to take some pictures of the car after work today.


These are some of my favorite features.A start button. No key required. And unlike the Versa, it's so silent, we keep accidentally leaving it on. We literally can't tell if it's on or off. My favorite is the keyless access. The Versa had a small button on the door handle, and as long as we had the remote in or around the car, we could push that button to make it unlock or lock. This car has that button if we just want to push that, but it also has a sensor. So if I just put my hand up to the handle, it will unlock. I swear this car is the car of the future.

The second largest display to the left shows our MPG. So if I'm using my iron foot, it's going to be down in the low 20's. If I'm being a smarter driver, it shows up in the 40's. The larger display with the screen shows a mixture of things: outside temp, remaining miles on the tank (when we filled it up last night, it read 500 miles!), and Ryan's favorite, it shows if we're using gas or Hybird battery power. Whenever we hit the brakes or coast, the Hybrid battery recharges and kicks in instead of using our gas. Nifty! My mom was worried that we'd have to plug in the car or take it to a charging station. Nope. We just drive it like a normal car and it does all the work.

And of course, I had to show the Tiffany blue display. LOVE it. As you can see, Ryan and I can each control our own air temp. It also has a 6 CD player (but who uses CD's anymore), so in that case, it has an aux input for my iPod.

Sorry to get lost in talking "car". I'm just so impressed with the things that this car can do. And you have to remember. The only car I've ever owned was the 1989 Lexus. Nothing cool about that...unless you consider a leaking sun roof to be cool.


(Day 305)

No comments:

Post a Comment