February 12, 2012

Food & Family

This weekend has been a long weekend. Thursday was spent moving furniture, Friday was carpet cleaning, Saturday was moving everything back and more cleaning, and today was more cleaning, sprinkled with a little cooking and lots of socializing. I'm the type of person that will bundle a bunch of things I need to get done into one weekend, just to get it all done at once. This time around, I think I may have bitten off a little too much. I enjoyed everything we did, it's just that as I sit and unwind, man, I am TIRED!

Today was a good day though! I got up and made Ryan and I biscuits and gravy for breakfast. I was pretty proud of how good they were. I didn't really have the motivation to go right into cleaning and cooking for our FHE family night, so I laid down on the bed. Then I noticed that it was snowing, and was almost positive that our plans for the evening would have to be canceled, making all of our hard work for nothing. But once we determined that everyone still wanted to come, Ryan had the task of getting me out of bed again. I guess you could say he tried a little too hard. He tickled me and made me laugh so much that I puked. So much for breakfast. Funny part is that as I went running into the bathroom with Ryan right behind me, I remember saying "I hate you!" between heaves. He thought it was funny. :P

We were lucky enough to be able to have the entire Goodrich family come over to see the apartment, have dinner, and have an FHE lesson. I particularly liked the topic of the lesson because it's something Ryan and I have been discussing a lot lately, so thank you, Erin. Ya did good! Dinner was delicious...and I hope everyone is able to agree. Hmm, now that I think about it, I didn't get any pictures of the meal. Dang. But we had chicken Parmesan, baked rigatoni, salad (thank you, Erin), Jan's canned green beans, and homemade rolls. I got myself into a bit of a trouble when I realized that I'm at the stage where even though my tummy is saying "you puked! You're starving!" I'll go to eat a bunch, but I just can't fit it all in. It's the dreaded phase of pregnancy when the baby takes up too much room, therefore I'm unable to stuff my face as much. Oh well...Dessert was yummy too! Ryan and I worked our butts off last night making "deadly dessert." It's a brownie base, covered with marshmallow fluff, covered with peanut butter, covered with melted chocolate, all topped off with homemade Rice Krispie Treats. I wanted to be creative, so I dyed the Rice Krispies pink and then cut it into hearts for Valentine's Day. It was kind of hard to do with so many layers, and my Rice Krispie treats could could have used more marshmallow, but they were still cute...and DELICIOUS!

After dinner, we watched the 4D video of the baby and then played mine and Ryan's favorite nerdy game, 7 Wonders. Ryan's a little upset that I won. Mostly I'm surprised. I never win at that game. But we had fun! I had a really fun time with all of my family and I'm glad everyone choked down my food. :P I wish I could do this more often...I'm pretty sure I will once there's a baby luring everyone here. Hehe! Now it's time to unwind and focus on the next chaotic weekend that I've planned.

I thought they were cute. I will definitely do better next time, seeing as this was my first time ever making deadly dessert. But I don't think anyone noticed because they were gobbled up within seconds of handing them out.

Don't ya love our TINY dining room table? Ha!




(Day 296)

No comments:

Post a Comment