February 24, 2012

Stubborn

Today I was reminded of some "words of wisdom" that my mother screamed at me when I was a child. We were at our ultrasound/doctor's appointment today when we discovered that the baby is now head down and facing my back. Stubborn, I tell ya! I flashed back onto my troubled years as a child when I would upset my mother. She used to tell me all the time, "I hope you have 10 kids just like you!" Well, with each appointment we go to, I feel like she may have gotten her wish. Our baby is stubborn just like her mommy. She refuses to turn when she needs to. This has us especially worried about tomorrow's THIRD round of 4D ultrasounds. At what point do we just give up and demand our money back? We did, however, have the perfect view of the back of her head, in which we could see that she has hair! YAY!! My mom was a little upset when I showed her the ultrasound. She complained that it's not enough to put into a ponytail yet. Ha! Oh, and we also found out that she's measuring 1 1/2 weeks larger than what she is. 3 pounds and growing! Trust me, I'm 100% positive about when she was conceived and what week I'm at. They seem to think I'm lying. But I was told that she could come early.

Anyway, the doctor's appointment worried me a bit. A 28 week ultrasound is not usually something that happens. 8 weeks is for confirming pregnancy, 16-20 is for determining gender, but after that, any ultrasounds are usually to check for problems or just not routine. When my doctor asked me at our last appointment to come back in one month to have one done, I didn't think anything of it. Not until we got to the hospital and every one of the nurses and techs started asking me why I was having it done. Beats me! I just like seeing her! It wasn't until we got up to finally see my doctor, or rather her RN since she had to go do a delivery, that I found out why. Apparently something was wrong with the baby at our last appointment and they weren't telling me. The nurse slipped and said "well, I looked at your ultrasound and it looks like whatever we were nervous about has cleared up." WHAT?! You were nervous about something?! And you didn't bother telling me?! Ryan didn't catch what she said, so when she left the room, I proceeded to rant about how mad I was, followed by trying to figure out what could have been wrong. I don't know. Something about how they kept it a secret REALLY ticked me off. But I'll try and let it go since, according to them (who knows, they could be lying to me), the baby is okay.

The little stinker is head down and rolled towards my back. No cute profile today, just her back.

HAIR!! I hope it's blonde like mine!

When I showed my co-workers this ultrasound, every single one of them commented on how she has big feet. Pssh! I don't see it. I'm betting she will be tall though. The Goodrich's are all very tall, and everyone in my family is very tall. But stop saying my baby has big feet! :P

And, of course, the usual hand-in-face routine. It's funny, because now that she's head down, I can feel her playing with her hands. I'm not looking forward to baby feet (apparently LARGE baby feet) in my ribs.

And since Baby Goodrich isn't here yet, I've been playing with my kitty babies all night. Here are some cute pictures to calm you down, assuming you got as upset at my doctor as I did.

Junie hates kisses. Ryan moved in for the kiss, and she pulled back. It was cute. Fine! More for me! :*





(Day 308)

No comments:

Post a Comment