January 2, 2012

Mall Misery

I woke up this morning feeling just as bad, if not worse, than I did yesterday. But once I was medicated and slightly functioning, I decided NOT to waste a day in bed. Ryan wanted to go to the mall, so that's what we did. I was overly excited to find that the expectant mother's spot was empty, just waiting for us. So excited, I made Ryan take a picture. Not 3 seconds after this picture was taken, a car smashed into the car behind me. Yeah, terrifying. Anyway, I think I underestimated how sick I was. After only about 20 minutes of walking around, I had to sit. My fever was spiking, causing me to get overheated, light headed, and weak. It was nice to get out of the house, but yeah, I felt like crap.

After my routine nap and Spongebob marathon, I tried to get up again to make dinner. Ryan picked up a really good recipe when serving his mission in Italy. He calls it "breakfast pasta," but it's pretty much just a penne carbonara. I remember this was the first dish that Ryan cooked for me when we first started dating. Back then we made it the right way, with pancetta and authentic Parmesan cheese. Now we just use bacon and the bottle of cheep Parmesan cheese. It's molto delizioso!
See the big, black SUV in the distance? Yeah, its bumper is now smashed.

This was my "I feel like crap!" face.

Another "secret" ingredient to the breakfast pasta. Ryan was getting a bit creative with the camera.

I'm trying to overcome my bacon aversion, since it's pretty much a staple in Ryan's life.



(Day 255)

No comments:

Post a Comment