Yes, I'm still sick. This morning Ryan and I both woke up sick and sicker. He started with the killer cough, and I have progressed to not being able to keep anything down. Despite how crappy he feels, he's still taking really awesome care of me. As I went running into the bathroom to throw up breakfast, he followed, pulling back my hair and rubbing my back. We've both just been taking it easy today. We had to take the day off of work though. Luckily my mom is my boss and didn't want her pregnant daughter pushing herself when sick. Unfortunately, I did just that. Tuesdays are our grocery shopping day, and we couldn't skip it. The second we got to the store, I knew I was in for trouble. I was so weak, my legs and hands were shaking. I literally felt like I was going to pass out. It doesn't help that I had been throwing up all morning and had nothing in my tummy. We ran over to the deli section where they have prepared food, and we got me a chicken sandwich and a soda. I ate it so quickly. It was somewhat nice to feel the energy flow back through me. I made it home alive, even though there was a brief moment when I felt like I would die. I'm frustrated though. I know it's best for me to stay home and sleep this off, since that's really the only option sick pregnant woman have. But I also know that I need to work. Not only do we need the money, my company needs me. The same for Ryan. He took today off because he was sick and he knew he needed to take care of me, but he just doesn't have the option to stay home any longer. I also don't want to get anyone else sick. It's that kind of inconsideration from my coworkers that got me sick. We'll see what happens. Our anniversary is this weekend, and I'd love for both of us to be healthy for the fun plans we have.

(Day 256)
No comments:
Post a Comment